Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spreading Slurry in Letterkenny

Options
  • 24-06-2009 11:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭

Anybody else get that smell. Some thick farmer must have been out spreading slurry today. It's roasting and the smell is awful. Is there not a law against the spreading of slurry in certain weather conditions. I think they were complaining on the Shaun Doherty Show too. :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,534 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Well it has to be done. And it's donegal so no surprise there. It's a good thing that farming is still alive and well in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

<inhales deep breath>
    AHHhhh... thats good country air:D

Think they dont spread slurry when its raining, so i suppose this was the best time to do it. There are only certain months they are allow to spread it, but i dont know when that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

They aren't allowed to spread it during the winter months and spreading it when it's raining is also a no-no. This is perfect slurry weather. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Puts hair on your chest that does.I'am well used to it at this stage,being that I live beside 3 farms.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Puts hair on your chest that does.I'am well used to it at this stage,being that I live beside 3 farms.
    Shave often?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Crotchety

Either they've been spreading more or it has stayed overnight. It's overpowering again today.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

wrote: »
    Either they've been spreading more or it has stayed overnight. It's overpowering again today.
    It will help you get used to the smell:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

That would be the effects of the weather. Warm sunny weather = dry soil with less soakage.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Good to know; For quite a while I thought I needed to change my deodorant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

muffler wrote: »
    Shave often?

Costs me a fortune on mach 5's!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Crotchety

Costs me a fortune on mach 5's!!

Joe Bid must be raking it in! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Joe Bid must be raking it in! :pac:
    You hit the high note this time :D