Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Parking a bike at / near Punchestown this Sunday.

• 24-06-2009 11:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

Is it recommended?

Would be prepared to walk a few miles rather than waiting hours for a bus or getting stuck in traffic. I don't see an charge for bike parking and wonder if they would be lenient. Cars are charged up to E30 :eek:

(Not too concerned about bike security as I would be on a rough looking Bros with a good selection of locks)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

If i were going, and i am considering it, i'll go on the bike and wing parking it. Did it for marley park and it worked out fine. Stewards haven't a clue what to do with the bike so i just pointed and told them i'd find somewhere to attach it to...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

nereid wrote: »
    If i were going, and i am considering it, i'll go on the bike and wing parking it. Did it for marley park and it worked out fine. Stewards haven't a clue what to do with the bike so i just pointed and told them i'd find somewhere to attach it to...

I arrived at Dublin Ferryport 3/4 hour before my sailing and the parking stewart told me it was e7 a day to park a bike in the long term compound and that it would be clamped if it wasn't paid for. Its the type of BS some of these stewarts can come out with if power gets to their heads. I managed to talk my way out of this guy.

Sounds similar to the little brats that offer to "mind" your car if you park it on some streets in town. i.e. give them a tenner or they will key your car.

Either way, there will in all liklihood be a couple of bikes going, and they generally tend to direct them together. I don't know which carpark to go to, but I'd be tending to the closest one to the venue because you can be sure to get in and out quicker than any cars and in all fairness, the least you have to walk in biker gear the better :D

I locked the helmets to the bike on the occasions so I didn't have to lug them around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I locked the helmets to the bike on the occasions so I didn't have to lug them around.
    Keep them well off the ground, I had a dog piss into one a number of years ago. People are liable to do the same at this event. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Sounds similar to the little brats that offer to "mind" your car if you park it on some streets in town. i.e. give them a tenner or they will key your car.

Either way, there will in all liklihood be a couple of bikes going, and they generally tend to direct them together. I don't know which carpark to go to, but I'd be tending to the closest one to the venue because you can be sure to get in and out quicker than any cars and in all fairness, the least you have to walk in biker gear the better :D

A tenner???
    I remember it used to be 50p at Croke Park!! Times have changed!!

• Advertisement

Pkiernan wrote: »
    A tenner???
    I remember it used to be 50p at Croke Park!! Times have changed!!

ha ha, I actually don't know how much they charge - don't care for that nonsense myself.

I'm only going on a "friend of a friend" story who didn't pay the fee and paid the price...

Advertisement