Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Degree in Creative Design & Innovation

• 25-06-2009 1:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

i was wondering about this course, im going doing it in sept. anyone on here doing it? whats it like??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Chrstne

im starting the degree in september too, if you hear anything about it let me know!!! :) x :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 brianmcollins

This course is a re-packaged version of a course formally known as the BA in Industrial Design - I did it a few years ago. There will probably be 25 hours a week of lecturers, not many exams but lots of projects throughout the year instead.
    Feel free to PM me when you get started - I might be able to answer some questions / give advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭cousin_borat

If it's run by the guys from The Centre for Design for Innovation in the IT then it will be excellent.

There are a great crew of people there and they're involved with some very innovative projects in lots of different areas of business from manufacturing to technology and software.

I run a company that has offices in the IT and have worked with them in the past

Happy to give more info..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭dingding

Here is a promotional video on the course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dycs0vrzAFo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭frag420

dingding wrote: »
    Here is a promotional video on the course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dycs0vrzAFo

ha i havn sen that vid in ages. That was the first year we did the degree. Was a good year. Its done through a system called problem based learning wherebye we set up our own classroom based design consultancies and worked each project as a team from initial research through to development of your ideas.

Kinda weird looking at myself in that vid.......

Njoy the course

and the music at the end is cool too!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Chrstne

This course is a re-packaged version of a course formally known as the BA in Industrial Design - I did it a few years ago. There will probably be 25 hours a week of lecturers, not many exams but lots of projects throughout the year instead.
    Feel free to PM me when you get started - I might be able to answer some questions / give advice.

Thank you, you may regret that though :), if you dont mind me askng what kind of job did you get when you left the course!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lorcm

hi am startin dis course too in sept cant wait :D the video helps

but wat jobs can u get out of dis course????

Chrstne wrote: »
    Thank you, you may regret that though :), if you dont mind me askng what kind of job did you get when you left the course!!
    I ended up doing something completely different to be honest.
    Just watched the video, looks interesting, very different from my day. Good luck with it, any questions - just ask.

PS Let me know if they are still using the Presentation Techniques book and Pantone Markers :D

How's it going so far?

Advertisement