Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Shopping town in Donegal

Options
  • 25-06-2009 3:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭

Well, which would you choose and why?

What do you think is the Best Shopping town in Donegal? 35 votes

Ballybofey/Stranorlar
    0%
    Ballyshannon
    2%
    fullstop 1 vote
    Bundoran
    2%
    lol5605 1 vote
    Buncrana
    0%
    Carndonagh
    0%
    Donegal
    0%
    Letterkenny
    5%
    LoanSharkmdo 2 votes
    Lifford
    85%
    bytemufflerJackGBomanypeachesxcreamsalad dodgerCosmo Knmg-lkydonegalgirl28builttospillThumpetteSennaMint Sauce[Deleted User]Local-womanizerblue shimmeringfoxshooter243jaffa20dmcg90tonybhoy72 30 votes
    Other
    2%
    irish1967 1 vote

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

what are you looking to buy? I can tell you where you can get deals on alot of stuff... Letterkenny has the most shops, but not necessarily the best bargains

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Lifford
    Letterkenny obviously has by far and away the best choice and quantity of shops. To be honest I rarely, if ever, shop anywhere else in the county as you can get everything you want in the town

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Lifford
    Dungloe! Go on The Cope!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Jhazon

Lifford
    Two people voted for Donegal Town? Wow... they must really love tourist souvenirs or cheap €2 shopping!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Lifford
    That's why it's so great, with all the cheapo shops. :D

And, if planning is approved, we'll get an Aldi also to blend in with the trend.

Someday in the never-never, we may get a Tesco or Dunnes...........

In all seriousness, as it stands, Letterkenny is the best shopping town and will remain so, despite the total lack of sensible planning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,534 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Lifford
    Lol, letterkenny has more shops than all the other towns in donegal put together. Need i say more.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Jhazon

Lifford
    My first time in Ulster last week... I found the best shopping not in Co. Donegal but across the divide into Derry. But yea, Letterkenny seemed to oddly laidout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭blue shimmering

Lifford
    Jhazon wrote: »
    Two people voted for Donegal Town? Wow... they must really love tourist souvenirs or cheap €2 shopping!

Was tempted to vote for Donegal Town but come on now, THERE IS NO POINT IN BEING WISHFUL...........I wish, I wish, I wish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Lifford
    for choice of stores/shops, letterkenny, but be prepared to do alot of walking or even driving between them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,534 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Lifford
    Who voted for lifford:confused:

An old antique shop and a cafe. That's about it :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Lifford
    jaffa20 wrote: »

its near strabane

:D

wasn't me by the way

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Lifford
    probably smashey. He's from that neck of the woods :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭rmchmufc

Lifford
    i think it would have to be letterkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

jaffa20 wrote: »

There will be no slagging Lifford in here. :cool::P
    muffler wrote: »
    probably smashey. He's from that neck of the woods :cool:

Not me. But I thought about editing the poll to read Lifford/Strabane. :D

Pro tip.

Click on the number beside the options on the poll and all will be revealed. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

Lifford
    Voted for Letterkenny of course. Has been that way for years, even before the retail parks. Used to go to Letterkenny once every so often for a full day to buy anything we needed, from household accessories to clothes to pet food.

IMO I like the layout of Letterkenny particulary if you have a car. Handy as fook to park at the retail parks and shop all day there, then park at the Courtyard, go shopping on Main Street, then park at Tescos, shopping in the SC and then away home.

Lifford
    I'd have to disagree with that, the layout of the town is a joke..if you want to get from M&S to the Dunnes across the road you have to go all the way around the one way system if you take the car. Theyve destroyed the traditional town centre with all the new retail parks and I heard a while back theres another shopping centre being built opposite LYIT, again totally dependent on cars.

Its easily the best town for shopping, quite a pointles thread in that regard but you really have to wonder who was in charge of planning all the new developments over the past 10 years or so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭digital pimp

best shopping town in Donegal?........................................
    DERRY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Mac055

THERE'S NO GOOD MEN'S CLOTHES STORES IN LETTERKENNY!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

Lifford
    Harps wrote: »
    I'd have to disagree with that, the layout of the town is a joke..if you want to get from M&S to the Dunnes across the road you have to go all the way around the one way system if you take the car.

Tips - WALK! Or you can start at Dunnes and then go to M&S. Simple.

Lifford
    I do walk and the main crossing between the two is right on the edge of a busy roundabout with no zebra crossing or pedestrian lights..ingenious planning yet again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Lifford
    Harps wrote: »
    I do walk and the main crossing between the two is right on the edge of a busy roundabout with no zebra crossing or pedestrian lights..ingenious planning yet again
    Fair point. Perhaps this is something that someone in the Letterkenny area should point out to either the town clerk or one of the local councillors

Advertisement