Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the best phone on the market?

• 25-06-2009 5:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭

What do people think is the best phone on the market?
    Please give reasons why you think any particular phone is the best on the market.

Regardless of price i am wondering about the I-phone or a blackberry. I would imagine the applications for the i phone make it the most desired or is their a phone that competes with it? such as The blackberry Samsung or Nokia.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

pirelli wrote: »
    Please give reasons why you think any particular phone is the best on the market.

Regardless of price i am wondering about the I-phone or a blackberry. I would imagine the applications for the i phone make it the most desired or is their a phone that competes with it? such as The blackberry Samsung or Nokia.

The iphone is not the best device for apps- symbian or windows mobile have years of apps development.
    E.g the iphone is just getting around to getting a Tomtom app now.

The iphone is probably the best in terms of how it implements these apps- it's usability
    In terms of powerful, versatile apps, the above two are way ahead.

Not sure what's the best phone- depends on what you want tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,441 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Depends what you want it for, for me the HTC TyTN II was the best as it has camera, keyboard, GPS, touchscreen etc etc, as well as multitude of cooked roms, others may not want or use all that stuff or think its too big etc
    You should make a list of what stuff you want from your phone and then someone could answer you whats the best phone for you

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I'm going to add to the "It all depends on what you want to do" chorus. :)

Simply put, there is no one phone that is the best.

If you look at the iPhone, amazing user interface, Ok camera, great apps. However, the lack of keyboard annoys some people.

The Blackberry Storm (I assume that is what you are talking about) is, in my view, a turkey. Crappy, unresponsive user interface, questionable firmware and no WiFi.

The N97 looks to be the bees knees, but personally, I don't like keyboards on a mobile phone (they are so last century :)).

Of course, if you were to ask me, I would say the iPhone 3Gs.

*runs for cover*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Do you want to buy it?

Buy one that suits your needs and not one just because people say its the best! If you posted more info on what you want in a phone, or how you use it, probably get a better answer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

Phones I've had in the past 3 years:

- Several high end Nokias with Symbian
    - A Qtek 9100 (HTC)
    - A Blackberry 8800
    - iPhone 3G

My use is business and personal email, social networks, phone, directions, pretty much everything really.

iPhone for me is streets ahead of anything else I've ever had. I'll never go back to a non-iPhone. A major attraction of this phone was VNC over 3G - vital in my line of work. Works superbly well with iPhone. As a phone, the Blackberry was the best of the bunch IMO, but as a piece of technology iPhone leaves everything else standing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

OP, you'll find "best" is a very subjective term and, as noted by the other posters, it all depends on what you're looking for.

The Samsung INNOV8 is probably the best camera-phone on the market, whereas the Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1i is one of the best Windows Mobile handsets available. The Nokia N97, as previously mentioned, appears to be one of Nokia's best smartphones currently available and would suit those who want more screen real-estate and a bigger keyboard than the E71 allows.

If you're looking for a favourable and comparable handset to the iPhone, then you would do well in waiting for the Palm Pre to launch, which should be in the next few months. It bests the iPhone in several key fields, e.g. web browsing, messaging and multiple-sourced contact sync, and also has a slide-out keyboard.

You mentioned Blackberry handsets in your post, but I find that they don't compare to the aforementioned handsets as well as they should; the Blackberry Storm being but one example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,127 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

samsung i8910 smacks the botty off the rest specs wise

and the 5th edition of symbian really is good

Advertisement