Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what's it worth? merc e 240

• 25-06-2009 8:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

hi folk's i think i'm going to sell my beloved mercedes e240 it 1998 elegance (all leather ect. )135k full mb. service history silver in colour new NCT what it's worth in my mind and market value are two different things so whats a fair price to advertise my car for ? thank's for your help

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Depressingly little sadly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

tough car to sell, big engined, over 10 years old....
    Bearing in mind it is only worth what somebody is willing to pay, but if I was looking to buy such a car, I would expect the price to pay to be around €2800 to €3600 ( depdant on condition and service history ect.)..... advertised for €3200 to €4200....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭biggus

http://www.cbg.ie/Car_Detail.aspx?ID=3242785

Guide price of 3450 probably buy for a lot less and its year 2000

423810_1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Not a lot I'm afraid. 2 - 3k?

Especially since - on top of mileage, age, etc. - the E240 wasn't a good model at all I believe. Worst engine & power/weight ratio of the whole range. Horrible guzzler. Was told never even consider to buy one. But I guess that's just hearsay and you may correct me on that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭hop2it

i was thinking about 3.5k to advertise and see what come's then i'll be sad to see her go.:( A lovely car to drive an armchair on wheel's not as bad as you think on juice when you drive it you feel like a king and when it's parked other drivers don't park to close i think they do be afraid of hitting her with their door's

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

I was pricing a 01 E240 Auto Elegance recently with average mileage. Best trade bid we could get was €4k - and there were people who declined to bid at all.

Yours'll be worth less again...

Advertisement