Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rip-off maintenance companies

• 25-06-2009 9:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭

hi , my maintenance company for the apartment block i live in , went up 350 euro from 1400 to 1750 , this in the height of the recession , received a budget list of so call expenses they paid out - which i have to say seemed very steep .

can they get away with this ?

can i request invoices as some of the work that was done i would say cost hundreds and not thousands as they have put down on this itemised list .

also get let go and simp;ly cannot afford to pay - whats the worst that can happen ?

thanks peop;e

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Moved to the Accommodation forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

superbad50 wrote: »
    also get let go and simp;ly cannot afford to pay - whats the worst that can happen ?

thanks peop;e

you cant resell the property unless your maintenance fees are up to date. apart from that the obvious being the place will fall to rack and ruin if everybody decided they wont / cant pay.

Not sure if the maintenance company can take legal action to recover the owed fees they probably can but Im not sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

superbad50 wrote: »
    can i request invoices as some of the work that was done i would say cost hundreds and not thousands as they have put down on this itemised list .

I think there needs to be full transparancy over costs incurred and also in regards to the tender and procurment processes and decision made by said companies.

this should be put into legistlation so that apartmnet owners can see they are getting valude for money.

I would assume you have some representation within the management company from your residents association ? This is probably the best place to start asking the questions regarding the costs and itimisations that you want.

Advertisement