Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tom Hogan Motors

• 25-06-2009 9:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

What will happen to all the cars now?

Will they be auctioned off?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭death1234567

What will happen to all the cars now?

Will they be auctioned off?
    I imagine they will be in time. Liquidator will have to assess all assets and debts and see how much money the creditors can be paid. The whole thing seems a bit fishy to me though, Hogan must have been cleaning up during the good times and then he has a bad 9 months and it all goes tits up? Surely his debt wasn't that big...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I imagine they will be in time. Liquidator will have to assess all assets and debts and see how much money the creditors can be paid. The whole thing seems a bit fishy to me though, Hogan must have been cleaning up during the good times and then he has a bad 9 months and it all goes tits up? Surely his debt wasn't that big...
    Already posted, the group had several million invested in a proposed commercial property development in Ennis that never happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

New cars (unregistered) which are on finance will be credited back by the manufacturer/distributor. If used cars were on a finance stocking scheme then they will be auctioned off.

I've had plenty of previous dealings with Tom Hogan Motors in the past and found them professional. This has only made the media because of the number of staff but it's only the tip of the iceberg for dealership closures in 2009 as another thread describes. I have heard many rumours about quite a lot of other dealerships and I can only hope that most of the rumours are unfounded but in the current climate it's most likely that the rumours will, unfortunately, prove to be true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

There's plenty of good information in the other two threads:

- Actual Garage Closures in 2008 (Motors)
    - Tom Hogans - Gone into voluntary liquidation (Galway City)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement