Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canon G9 Appreciation Thread

• 25-06-2009 10:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭

I'm a bit of a G9 fanboy and unapogoletically so. Every time I take this camera out, for whatever reason, I always end up playing around with for hours. Like last night, I took it out to charge the battery and format the SD card before my holidays, ended up doing macros of various bits and pieces around the kitchen. I have the same opinion of this camera that Homer has of doughnuts - "hmmmm G9, is there anything they can't do ?" Next stop for me with this baby is Infrared...after only just stopping short of buying a waterproof housing for it, couldn't justify the 250 that Conn's were looking for it and didn't have time to get it from amazon befpre my hols

Do you have a g9 ? Do you love it ?

3657560441_40cfdd5356.jpg

3657555375_fe3bf56937.jpg

3502456318_ddb7d78d85.jpg

3501582627_cf024a7f0b.jpg
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

They're fantastic Cambo...

I'd love one, but couldn't justify it just yet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Excellent shots,I'd love one too,But since i got my slingshot bag i can easily get to my camera and therefore i don't need a compact.

My old bag was terrible for getting my camera out quickly so i always thought i need a decent compact :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Fajitas! wrote: »
    They're fantastic Cambo...

I'd love one, but couldn't justify it just yet...

Yes, I had a look for one recently for my brother and they are more expensive than the G10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭eas

Yes, I had a look for one recently for my brother and they are more expensive than the G10

....is the G9 considered a better camera than the G10?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

iirc the G10 has a noisier sensor compared to the G9.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

eas wrote: »
    ....is the G9 considered a better camera than the G10?

That seems to be the consensus...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Fionn

I had a G7 but it didn't have RAW, so last Dec, I tried (in vain) to get a G9 but had to settle for a G 10 - it'd be good to do a sort of shoot off (real world) for comparison purposes eh?

The G10 is still very good except in low light situations where i suppose all the compacts show their weakness!

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Super little camera and I use mine for shoots where a dslr would be frowned upon or in danger of being robbed..

Advertisement