Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Balbriggan Summerfest

• 25-06-2009 10:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭

I heard there is an outdoor gig with a "load of bands" playing quinnsworth carpark on the 11th July....

Sounds like a good day out.............

Two tribes and the likes

Can anyone confirm this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

looks like it should be good this year... plenty of energetic organisers behind it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

There is a tip going around the town for duck number 5 in the Duck Derby. Trained locally, apparently it's working well at home in the pond. They'll be very disappointed if it's not there or theres about on the 11th.

Best to take an early price.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭LaFleur

How did the summerfest go? I was away most of the weekend, and didnt manage to make it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭the bolt

LaFleur wrote: »
    How did the summerfest go? I was away most of the weekend, and didnt manage to make it down.
    was down there today with the o/h and ma in law and nephew(7 year old) and all of us were disappointed,very little to do.where was the farmers market?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭dubmick

the bolt wrote: »
    where was the farmers market?

every Friday from 11-3 on the square

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

I think the bolt is referring to the 'country market' which was supposed to be going on in the car park on Sat and Sun.

i too was a bit disappointed - although I applaud the committee for bringing back the festival, I think they spread it out too much for the first year - really there was only enough for one day - Sunday would have been best. by spreading it out over 3 days it made it a bit weak each day.

And the 'loads of bands' was 2 - a gospel choir which were quite good, and Gizmo which were pretty dire TBH - not bad musicians, but not great singers (and they didn't know the right words to some of the songs!) and they took FAR too long to get going - we were all ready to head home by the time they got their act together.

A good effort by the committe and I hope they continue to get support for next year - that way it can improve and the town will benefit. REgardless of the outcome I think the organisers should be comended for caring to get involved in the town, and if we all support their efforts we might end up with a great festival next year.

Advertisement