Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NCB Protection

• 25-06-2009 10:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭

I have NCB protection with Allianz which according to their website means:

In any consecutive three-year renewal period You may incur Two unlimited Third Party or Accidental Damage claims without impact on Your No Claim Bonus entitlement.
    However, where You incur more than two of these unlimited claims in any consesecutive three-year renewal period, Your No Claim Bonus will step-back by three years.
    In addition, any claim payment for Windscreen Breakage, Fire or Theft will be paid without impact on Your No Claim Bonus entitlement.

Ok - so my renewal is due in July and I got my quote last night. I have a claim outstanding at the moment for TP so I did expect the quote to be higher than last year. Its double what the price was for last year and on my NCB statement they have stepped me back to 0 years.

Am I correct in my assumption that this is their mistake or is there something in their policy above I'm missing? I am going to call them this morning but I wanted to bounce it of some other people. Thanks for the help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Sounds like a mistake on their part to me. Better give them a call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Thanks for that - apparently my NCB protection is for claims up to €10,000. I have never seen this written anywhere so I'm going to have to have a look for my policy docs for last year. Does anyone else have policy docs for Allianz comp ins? Apparently its the same for all policies from last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Thanks for that - apparently my NCB protection is for claims up to €10,000. I have never seen this written anywhere so I'm going to have to have a look for my policy docs for last year. Does anyone else have policy docs for Allianz comp ins? Apparently its the same for all policies from last year

er...the text you posted clearly says "two unlimited claims"

I'd certainly be questioning a low limit of €10,000 being applied

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

This is the only info I can find online about their NCB protection for 2008 - will have to read my policy:

For full bonus protection Allianz website says "Protected No Claims Bonus - In any 3 year period you may incur two claims not costing more than €10,000 and/or one theft claim amount unlimited without prejudice to your No Claims Bonus entitlement.

Or

Any two claims costing or estimated to cost not more than €10,000 in total, without prejudice to your No Claims Bonus entitlement"

I knew I'd take a hit on the insurance just annoyed that they "forget" to tell me that my NCB protection was the old policy not the 2009's which is the one I quoted to them.

That'll learn me for being so trusting, as soon as this claim is settled adios Allianz! Canceling my NCB protection also - though Allianz were surprised I wanted to do this. This is despite the fact that 10 mins earlier the girl in the claims team told me it is unlikely the claim will be settled under 10K! Talk about wanting to make money!

Thanks to everyone for their replies

Advertisement