Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apartment Rental Brisbane

Options
  • 25-06-2009 10:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hey, myself and the missus are currently looking for a one bed apartment in Brisbane. We're looking in or around Fortitude Valley, New Farm etc. We're trying to decide between going furnished / unfurnished. It seems to vary alot but I guess it's about $40 per week in the difference?

So I guess I'm looking really to hear from anyone who's been here done that. It would be good to hear about the experience, e.g. how much cheaper/ more expensive a furnished/unfurnished place was?, how much it cost to kit out an unfurnished place to a reasonable level?, did you use Gumtree for any of the kit?, costs / experience of furniture movers?, etc.

We're hoping to stay in Brisbane for the next 3/4+ years. As ever, no guarantees though!:D

Cheers folks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

i stayed in brisbane for only 6 months and we got an unfurnished apartment... we ended up renting everything we needed, fridge, sofas etc.
    i was suggested that if we wanted to buy that they often sell off their gear alot cheaper 2nd hand - possibility to check out them if you go the unfurnished route.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Gypo

Hadn't even thought of renting furniture never mind seeing if they might have some second hand stuff. Cheers! I'll check it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭FreeAnd..

renting fully furnished is the business, we did it here in Brisbane and in Perth...will really miss the apartment we live in when we move out in 3 weeks - its between the valley and the city (about 5 - 10 min walk to either) on the boardwalk. So handy for everything with its own gym and pool - saying that though alot of the apartments around here seem equally kitted out...

What kind of rent are you looking at? For unfurnished/furnished?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Gypo

Furnished would be well handy allright. Hoping to get a furnished place for no more that $350pw, unfurnished maybe $40 less.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

a friend of mine is a thoroughbred Rachmanite, but he has cheapo pads for rent in Windsor, Albion, Nundah and Shorncliffe.

Shorncliffe is the nicest but its a bit off the beaten track

• Advertisement
Advertisement