Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Attacked for high powered car.

• 25-06-2009 10:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭

Just following up on the recent discussion about what you would do in such situations, this actually happened recently.

Linky

Must have been an awful experience and could have been lot worse only someone intervened.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

What a nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭stealthyspeeder

Just following up on the recent discussion about what you would do in such situations, this actually happened recently.

Linky

Must have been an awful experience and could have been lot worse only someone intervened.

Someone did intervene, the attack came to an end, the guy got arrested and the car owner kept his car!

+1 for not rolling over and handing him the keys, who knows what could have happened if he got away with it, got more confident and tried another time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

a few years back on the road where my parents live a couple woke up to find some guy in the room with a knife. after a struggle the guy jumped out through the window (i.e. smashed through it) from the upstairs.

the guards found him in a nearby garden with both ankles broken but he was still trying to walk around...apparantly out of his head on some drugs

he had travelled through a number of back gardens before discovering a door into this house was left unlocked (I bet they wont do that again).

Someone did intervene, the attack came to an end, the guy got arrested and the car owner kept his car!

+1 for not rolling over and handing him the keys, who knows what could have happened if he got away with it, got more confident and tried another time!

sounds good in theory but if neighbours had not discovered what was going on, what might have happened?

IMO no car is worth getting stabbed to death for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

It has emerged that the attacker was trying to get the keys of the victim's high-powered car, a Volvo two-litre turbo.

WTF? A 2L Volvo is worth stabbing people for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I dunno, lads. 50 stitches and a sliced nerve or lose the car, it's a no-brainer for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

When did a 2l Volvo become a high powered car :confused:

As to the incident, although it could have turned out differently, it didn't. Maybe this scumbag will think twice before trying it again (probably not).

But the more people roll over and let these twats take what is not rightfully theirs, the more they will do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Anan1 wrote: »
    I dunno, lads. 50 stitches and a sliced nerve or lose the car, it's a no-brainer for me.

yeah but in the heat of the moment, he hears his wfie screaming after being jumped at the door, your not thinking that logically, its survival isn't it? I can't say how i'd react in that situation i'd like to think i'd have the cop on to hand over the keys...but did he know thats why they were there in the first place?

horrible horrible situation.

on a lighter note I like the way the mum is described as "brave" for basically hiding in a room with her kids and calling the cops...

if only this was the states she could havbe grabbed the M16 and sorted the problem the old fashioned way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

I doubt the car was a factor for the homeowner, he was instinctively trying to protect his family from a madman, in his house, with a knife. Had he known the guy wanted the keys I suspect he would have just given them to him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I wonder what kind of sentence this insane attacker would get? Maybe bail and two years suspended sentence???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

Anan1 wrote: »

In fairness, it does not sound as if the stabbed guy was a have-a-go idiot hero:

"He grabbed me by my hair and was hurling the knife all around me. Mick got out of bed and ran downstairs to help me but the man just let go of me and stabbed Mick over and over."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Shocking story! Yer man sounds like a psycho, hopefully the guards gave him a few thumps for resting arrest
    Riskymove wrote: »
    if only this was the states she could havbe grabbed the M16 and sorted the problem the old fashioned way
    But so would the guy breaking in:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Mena wrote: »
    When did a 2l Volvo become a high powered car :confused:

There's always someone who will think its high powered maybe it was a T5 ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭ronaneire

Your not even safe in your own home with these animals, they are nothing more then scum of the earth.
    I'd imagine the kids will have nightmares seeing their father getting attacked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭alias no.9

This scumbag needs to be charged with attempted murder, nothing less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

The T5 is 2.5l. Besides, I've had one and still would never describe it as "high powered", unless comparing it to a Micra :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Street justice IMO.

The homeowner and his neighbour eventually got the upper hand. At that stage the attacker should have been given the eye for an eye treatment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its the Herald fer Petes sake. Anyone who media watches will know how anything above a Punto is described as high powered in this country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

Mena wrote: »
    The T5 is 2.5l. Besides, I've had one and still would never describe it as "high powered", unless comparing it to a Micra :p

It was probably an S40 T4 by the sounds of it. The T5 only ever came in 2.3, 2.4 and 2.5 litre configurations. They are quite popular for bank robberies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 646 ✭✭✭Johnboy Mac

Fair play to the foreign national.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

in march last year was talking to a chap, he had bought a brand new Golf GTI full spec (every option possible) in January and he doesnt live in a bad area, yet people broke into his house 3 times trying to get the keys to his car

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭high horse

VolvoMan wrote: »
    It was probably an S40 T4 by the sounds of it. The T5 only ever came in 2.3, 2.4 and 2.5 litre configurations. They are quite popular for bank robberies.

Thats probably because you'd never even notice them if you walked by.

Fair play to those people for taking on that guy but no matter how much i love my car, I don't ever want to get stabbed for it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Riskymove wrote: »
    on a lighter note I like the way the mum is described as "brave" for basically hiding in a room with her kids and calling the cops...

If that would be USA, the robber would not be with knife, he would be with minigun m8... So that m16 would help much...

Thought yeah.. brave... She needed to lock girls in room, and grab the biggest mobile thing in house to help out husband...

And yes, not even ferrari is worth being stabbed, he good lucky, that wounds werent deadly

Advertisement