Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless-Galway 1 is Eyre Square

Options
  • 25-06-2009 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I don't know if this has been asked before (search function doesn't work top well on iPod touch). Does anyone know what the deal is with the "Wireless-Galway 1" up to "Wireless-Galway 4" in Eyre Square? There's a good signal on all of them but I've never known anyone able to connect to then, including myself. And we all love a free hotspot!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Have noticed this as well. The Skeff has free wifi if you get close enough. And the eircom phoneboxes have open wifi if you've signed up to that service. A few open networks on College Road as well if you don't mind a walk.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

Thanks for that. Still no info as to *how* to connect to them. Does anyone know who operates these hotspots?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Tourist Office Shack sells access I think, ask them .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

Haha, my brother works in there so I'll just ask him :P

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

There is a wan out near renmore somewhere, I was able to connect sometimes when I lived in renmore park.

Advertisement