Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus In Flight Entertainment\Route assignments

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 theeney

Sorry i should have been slightly more specific!

I am flying Dublin-Orlando on Thursday 27th August.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

OK my friends, this is a new thread for the following stuff only please:

• Questions about which Aer Lingus aircraft are operating a route
    • Questions about Aer Lingus in flight entertainment systems

I'd like nothing else in here please to keep it tidy.

If the posters that know what aircraft are on what route on what day come and answer your question fair enough, but its not going to be a sticky and in any way officially endorsed by anyone, especially Aer Lingus or Boards.ie.

There are no guarantee here that anything is factual and all data is provided without any promise of accuracy.

Don't get upset with someone here if you turn up for the fight and its a different aircraft or its cabin is different.

Any other discussion should be done in a new thread about the topic. Repeat offences equals infraction, then ban.

Happy posting.

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 44 LindaR

Excellent idea . This could be a full time job for those with the knowledge!
    Thanks in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 cocko1

Which A/C for June 27th 2009 (EI 104).Thank You In advavce.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Might be of interest to the people posting here.

will be aware of the recently completed A330 retrofit programme where new seats, and a new in-flight entertainment system (IFE), were installed in most of our long-haul aircraft. Currently 7 out of 9 aircraft are operating in the new layout – two older A330’s are not being retrofitted, as they are due to leave the fleet in the coming months. This is a significant investment in our business class product and is in response to customer and staff feedback, in addition to benchmarking against other airlines. It also places Aer Lingus in an advantageous position when compared to our direct competitors to and from Ireland.

New seats:

The older generation recliner seats have been replaced with angled lie-flat Sleeper Seats. The distance between seats has been increased by 10% and now stands at 57”. Passengers can recline to many positions, right up to full flat (167o angle), which permits a more comfortable and natural sleep. This is complemented by the addition of a duvet, which is replacing the wool blanket. All seat are equipped with power points, which allow passengers to use their laptops during flight. All that is needed for European passengers is a US adaptor.

New In-Flight Entertainment System:

The new IFE is an on-demand system. This enables us to present a wide choice of entertainment, which is fully controlled by the passenger and viewed on new larger personal TV screens. We now have more content and choice than ever before:

• 36 movies (18 in each direction to/from Ireland)

• Over 60 hours of TV programmes from comedy to serious drama

• Dozens of music videos

• The ability to create a personal play list from thousands of MP3 tracks

• 30 interactive games.

Promoting our Improved Business Class Product:

Promotion of the enhanced Business Class product will be through an advertising campaign in the business press, the travel trade and via corporate accounts over the coming weeks. We have already communicated with our frequent flyer members, through their Gold Circle statements. The central message for the advertisements is that travelling in our new seats will allow passengers arrive better rested, fully recharged and ready for business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭m_stan

Does anyone know which aircraft will operate EI 146 from SFO-DUB on Friday June 26? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭buzzard

My teenage daugther went to JFK yesterday and when I spoke to her last night all I heard about was her personal TV and choice of films so the new system must be good to keep her quiet for 7+ hrs.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Foggy43

What AVOD system is on the A330's? Panasonic, Rockwell Collins, Thales?

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Celtic Mech

Foggy43 wrote: »
    What AVOD system is on the A330's? Panasonic, Rockwell Collins, Thales?

Panasonic eX2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Foggy43

Panasonic eX2

The system BA Engineering wanted for any new aircraft on order but the BA bean counters bought the Thales system.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

i dont know much about that route but im sure they show a movie or if its orlando they show an american station...not too sure on that

I like the GPS thingy that shows ( wow 578MPH and still getting faster :) ) all the things about the plane only because i never have earphones on a plane

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

m_stan wrote: »
    Does anyone know which aircraft will operate EI 146 from SFO-DUB on Friday June 26? Thanks

EI-DUO

cocko1 wrote: »
    Which A/C for June 27th 2009 (EI 104).Thank You In advavce.....

EI-ORD

• Registered Users Posts: 42 duck_77

EI to LA

On the "Movies for July" section of the website, flights from LA are mentioned with SF...

Some new news for EI Customers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Fabio

Had the AVOD on St Munchen coming to Boston earlier in the week....brilliant thing altogether.

EI-DUO

You were spot-on. Lovely aircraft. Great entertainment system, though they played the same content as the outward journey which made it slightly useless. They're supposed to rotate the content when coming back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

June 30st (arriving July 1st) EI120 MCO-DUB?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 30 EI-A330

does anybody know why aerlingus two new a/c ei-eav and ei-edy flight log reports are on available on the acarsd site? when all other aerlingus a/c are listed.thanks

Stevek101 wrote: »
    June 30st (arriving July 1st) EI120 MCO-DUB?

Thanks

EI-JFK planned at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 44 LindaR

Amazing on the one transatlantic route that is covering its costs,dub/mco, Aer Lingus consistently run the ac with worst facilities.
    Obviously attempting to lure the business passenger but shows contempt for the faithful holiday traveller.
    Any idea on when the 2 older aircraft will be off the fleet? Travelling 12/09

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

EI-JFK planned at the moment

Cheers pal

• Registered Users Posts: 17 theeney

Hello,

Does anybody know what aircraft will be operating Dublin-Orlando 27th August. I dont think i can handle a 10 hour flight without some good entertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭jd6677

Hi
    Does anybody know what aircraft will be operating Dublin-Orlando on the 11th of July.

Thanks in advance
    JD

duck 77 i see ei-lax is back up on acarsd tonight it was as ei-2507 from bordeaux.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Deleted by request by Mod

Tenger wrote: »
    Arrived in last night: (well 6 hours ago as its now 0130)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tearbringer/3678742865/

that's a wonderful shot!

What's this acarsd system? Tell me more!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

that's a wonderful shot!

What's this acarsd system? Tell me more!

Lets you see what aircraft operated what, in essence

http://www.acarsd.org/acars_search.html

Put EIDW in route contains and will show all for Dublin.

class shot tenger thats one to be proud of if you get any of the interior please post them,when will it be opperating its first flight back?

Lets you see what aircraft operated what, in essence

http://www.acarsd.org/acars_search.html

Put EIDW in route contains and will show all for Dublin.

interesting. where does that data come from and what does all the other stuff mean? particularly 'message content'?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

interesting. where does that data come from and what does all the other stuff mean? particularly 'message content'?

ACARS messages are transmitted by the crew or automatically to either dispatch, operations, atc or maintanence. They are transmitted over a radio frequency as data. If you listen, all you will hear is a data noise, but people have scanners tuned to these frequencies and upload them to acarsd. Hence, the data for you to search ;)

The message content is interesting- sometimes you will find interesting messages, have a look around there are some "gems"!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement