Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus In Flight Entertainment\Route assignments

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭0141607

Hi guys

We are flying to Orlando from Dublin in 3 weeks time and I was wondering about the in flight entertainment. Does anybody know if their newer aircraft are flying on the Orlandlo route? The idea of a 9 hour flight without the personal screens seems a bit daunting and was hoping that we might have these screens.

Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

0141607 wrote: »
    Hi guys

We are flying to Orlando from Dublin in 3 weeks time and I was wondering about the in flight entertainment. Does anybody know if their newer aircraft are flying on the Orlandlo route? The idea of a 9 hour flight without the personal screens seems a bit daunting and was hoping that we might have these screens.

Thanks

Do you want the bad news now or wait until you get on board the aircraft. EI-JFK was doing most of the MCO flights, but seeing as this is retired, EI-DUB will now be taking up the slack, according to the liber something site on page 3. So its the old a/c, big screens. But if its just 2 of you, pay for the premier cabin, economy service. Thats worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 dutchie50

Can anyone help me about the inflight entertainment movies in premier class from Dublin to JFK in August?
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭jw93

dutchie50 wrote: »
    Can anyone help me about the inflight entertainment movies in premier class from Dublin to JFK in August?
    Thanks

Movies for August are:
    Flight out of Ireland-Star Trek
    Flight into Ireland-The Soloist

Business Class passengers can choose from 9 entertainment channels depending on the aircraft

Hope you have a good time,
    Regards Jack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

dutchie50 wrote: »
    I said it before and I'll say it again, I am amazed at the amount of knowledge that you guys have.
    Are you all in the aircraft industry?

Some are, others are just aviation nerds. (Not meant to be offensive, I'm the latter myself)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 galway2

I'm flying DUB/MCO in November and taking advice from this forum rang Aer Lingus to get the premier cabin economy service. On first enquiry I was told it would be €70 per person. 'Great' I said but then give my reference number and after checking this am then told it will cost me €275 per person each way!!!!!!Where did I go wrong? Would it have anything to do with the fact that I booked a package with a travel agent?

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Celtic Mech

galway2 wrote: »
    I'm flying DUB/MCO in November and taking advice from this forum rang Aer Lingus to get the premier cabin economy service. On first enquiry I was told it would be €70 per person. 'Great' I said but then give my reference number and after checking this am then told it will cost me €275 per person each way!!!!!!Where did I go wrong? Would it have anything to do with the fact that I booked a package with a travel agent?

I think maybe when you phoned up, the person on phone mixed you up thinkng you were asking about an upgrade to premier cabin going to Malaga, as off hand i think its 70 euro to upgrade to Malaga. As you said, when the person found out, via your booking ref that you were going to MCO, then the correct price came out.
    Dont worry, you have done nothing wrong. Just a simple mistake by the person on the phone mixing it up with the Malaga upgrade.
    Pity you didnt get it for 70 quid tho! Would have been a sweet one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭RuehlTheWorld

Any idea if Monday's 10.30 flight to JFK will have the lie flat seats in Premier?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Any idea if Monday's 10.30 flight to JFK will have the lie flat seats in Premier?

The 105 always has a good a/c as its the flagship JFK flight

• Registered Users Posts: 17 theeney

Hello,

Do anybody know which A/C will be flying Dub-Mco on Thursday 27th this week... I hope its not DUB!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 jooemac

Flyiong to MCO on the 12th September does anyone know what a/cwill be doing this flight.

theeney wrote: »
    Hello,

Do anybody know which A/C will be flying Dub-Mco on Thursday 27th this week... I hope its not DUB!

If you looked at page 3, and had a look at this site: www.libhomeradar.org

You would see that -DUB operates most of the DUB-MCO flights, including todays flight to MCO. So the chance of -DUB being the aircraft on your flight on thursday are quite high.

The 105 always has a good a/c as its the flagship JFK flight

Actually, according to www.libhomeradar.org EI-DUB operated the 104/105 on the 24th.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

I'm flying out of Shannon next wednesday (2nd sept) to JFK on EI111 at 13:30. I'll be flying back on EI110 at 18:30 on the 12th sept.

Does anyone know what planes these are and if they're kitted out with the latest in in-flight entertainment consoles?!?!

Thanks!

Im convinced at this stage nobody actually reads the thread but just keeps posting their question.....so everyone down the back, lets say it loud and clear.....ALL AER LINGUS AIRCRAFT WITH THE EXCEPTION OF EI-DUB HAVE PTV'S AND UPGRADED CABINS! :eek:

If you want to check what aircraft have flown what routes check the link in my previous post.

High I have checked everywhere i can but to no avail. Can anyone tell me the aircraft that will fly to Orlando this Saturday the 12th September

• Registered Users Posts: 30 EI-A330

Out of the last seven flights to orlando EI-DUB has operated this route six times and EI-DAA only once,chances are it will be EI-DUB again on saturday,it has been doing this route ever since EI-JFK has left the fleet.

Hi
    Thanks for the reply but looking at the libhomeradar site ei-dub has been flying a lot to boston I was just being hopeful that my luck had changed

you never know,just realised i made a mistake actually EI-DAA has opperated the last two flights to mco.could be in luck,i had ei-jfk when we flew to mco during the summer.

EI-DAA operated DUB-MCO today

http://www.libhomeradar.org/databasequery/details.php?qid=2258506&sid=14095317&page=3

Incidentally, the DAA is a -200 with less seating. The loads to MCO may have been lower in the last few weeks so there is no need for the -300. Just a thought, I may be wrong though. My flight next tuesday has me and a mate of mine as the only pax in the premier cabin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭djkat

Oh how i hope its the EI DAA as im on the Dub - Mco flight on the 12th september

-DUO operated thursdays flight DUB-MCO

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭djkat

hopefully we get a updated plane

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Plane Mad

For anyone one travelling on the dub to orlando route with aerlingus over the next couple of weeks they seemed to have changed plane types the were using a a330-300 now they are using a a 330-200 which means all the aerlingus -200 models have seat back tvs

Plane Mad wrote: »
    For anyone one travelling on the dub to orlando route with aerlingus over the next couple of weeks they seemed to have changed plane types the were using a a330-300 now they are using a a 330-200 which means all the aerlingus -200 models have seat back tvs

Go up 5 posts! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Plane Mad

well i did read all the pest in this topic and i use the dub to orlando route quite often and most of the time i have been on ei-dub all i was saying was that aerlingus have taken it off that route and put a smaller plane on it the loads must be low on the rote lately

just wondering does anybody know when EI-EAV is due to leave for china??? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

EI-A330 wrote: »
    just wondering does anybody know when EI-EAV is due to leave for china??? thanks

AFAIK this is now not going ahead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mvista

dub-mco 29/08/09.Aircraft EI-DUB(Patrick)ei-dub dub-mco.jpg bit of a bucket with the old style tv monitors in economy class.Two movies and a selecction of 30 min programmes are shown.Premier class seat gives you a greater selection of movies and programmes but the screens and system is old and pretty poor.Premier seats units are old style(pre 1995 at least) but plenty of room and still well worth the exra euros on a 9hr+ flight to mco.Bring your laptop and buy the power adapter:D and plug into premier seat along with a few good dvs's of your own :)
    mco-dub 05/09/2009.Aircraft EI-DAA(Keeva):cool:EI-DAA MCO-DUB.jpg.Economy has all individual seatback screens and a good selection of movies and programmes.Premier has the Ricaro seats ,although a little hard :oare fully manoeuverable which make sleeping a real possibility.
    iphone1 037.JPG
    iphone1 039.JPG
    iphone1 029.JPG

If you are flying economy,seat 9A+C and 9H+K are the best.Located in the first row behind premier thay have a little more legroom (without having to sit beside a toilet or galley).The tv screens are on the bulkhead wall in front of you.Remember that the last row of seats in each section in economy have the seatback against a bulkhead and in most cases these seats cannot be reclined....avoid these at all cost!

Slighty off thread,but have to say considering this is a direct flight Aer Lingus are offering a really good service on this route, and as usual,ei cabin staff were beyond excellenty.Smooth flights over 17+hours to and from mco,went around a few tropical storms which added 30 mins to the outbound flight but rather this than have an Air France experience!Well done.

• Advertisement

wish i could say the same about my experience with aerlingus to mco,Flew EI-JFK both ways in premier and both times the ptv did not work the aer lingus crew tried there best to get them working for us but to no avail,also when we got to the airport for our return trip we where made sit seperately me in row 1a and my girlfriend in row 4k even tho we had booked sets togeher,this wasnt a pleasent experience as my girlfriend is terrifed of flying but still even when we explained this to check in staff they said we had to sit seperately to cater for a family of 5 people.i have used aerlingus several times before to the states without any troubles but this experience would make me think twice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement