Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus In Flight Entertainment\Route assignments

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭LadyTBolt

Is there any way of finding out which aircraft is flying SNN-BOS on Sunday 27th Sept @ 13.15?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Plane Mad

I have to agree the service on the dub -mco-dub is very very good i use that servuce alot, now most of the time it has been ei-dub which is not the best plane but the other planes make the 9 hour plus flight very very easy to do i find the kids on the plane are more relaxed on the good planes with the seat back tvs have booked dub-mco-dub again for april next year but i am heading to new york in two weeks on the flagship flight which is ei 105 so i can compare the differnce if there is any :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 42 duck_77

Quick question:

What kind of equipment change on DUB-SFO (Wed 07 Oct 2009) would necessitate a major seat change?

I thought it was only -200's which have pretty much the same config at the front end of economy?

Thanks,

Declan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

How do I search http://libhomeradar.org/ to find out what I can expect to be flying in on 15th Oct to ORD. (I know it can't predict what will be flying but I've seen people say "out of the last X number of runs to ORD it's been EI-Blah", had a look at the site but can't see how I would find the info for the DUB-ORD route bar searching every A333's registration ?
    I'm in economy so hoping it won't be EI-DUB !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

How do I search http://libhomeradar.org/ to find out what I can expect to be flying in on 15th Oct to ORD. (I know it can't predict what will be flying but I've seen people say "out of the last X number of runs to ORD it's been EI-Blah", had a look at the site but can't see how I would find the info for the DUB-ORD route bar searching every A333's registration ?
    I'm in economy so hoping it won't be EI-DUB !!!

libhomeradar only shows aircraft that have operated the route, It wont show anything in advance! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

libhomeradar only shows aircraft that have operated the route, It wont show anything in advance! ;)

I'm not trying to find out in advance (I know no site can predict whaat will fly, even EI can't say with 100% certainty in advance as operations may change aircraft assignment etc.), I'm trying to find out what has flown Dub-chicago in the past 2 to 3 weeks as when I asked about IFE I was told to go to Libhomeradar.
    Hence my question

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭a/tel

Flying DUB-MCO on nov 5th. Do you reckon EI-DUB will be doing it or will it be a newer aircraft?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 kavanajd

Hi would anyone be able to tell me what plane is flying DUB-MCO this Saturday.. October 31st???

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭sidekick

Same question as A/TEL: Anyone know which EI aircraft will be used on the DUB-MCO route tomorrow (Nov 5)? Friends flew out on Tuesday on EI-DUB. I'm really hoping for a refitted aircraft. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 LindaR

When is EI Dub leaving the fleet? The 'threat' of it the Dub/Mco route is making me consider Continental via Newark or Delta via Atlanta for trip next Feb.......each with excellent AVOD systems guaranteed.
    Flying Aer Lingus to MCO on Dec.6th.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭jw93

LindaR wrote: »
    When is EI Dub leaving the fleet? The 'threat' of it the Dub/Mco route is making me consider Continental via Newark or Delta via Atlanta for trip next Feb.......each with excellent AVOD systems guaranteed.
    Flying Aer Lingus to MCO on Dec.6th.

From what I have read EI-DUB will be returned to the lessor in March 2010 :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

I would much prefer to take -DUB to MCO instead of Continental single aisle to EWR and then connect on. Those 757's are small and tight, single aisle aircraft. Are you sure they all have AVOD? I would ask the same about Delta as well. I know it was being done, but it not throughout the fleet yet.

Give me a direct flight anyday over connecting.

Yes. Have to agree. Have booked aer Lingus again. Just hope now they don't cancel the route!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 EI-A330

sidekick and A/TEL i see you both got lucky and got EI-EDY to MCO.nice plane, does anybody know what was up with EI-DUZ yesterday? seen it in the maintance hanger at dublin last night

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭sidekick

Yes. EI-EDY on the out bound and then yesterday I was on EI-LAX. Considering I paid extra to sit in the Premier section I was very pleased.

According to current Aer Lingus advertising, all their transatlantic aircraft are equipped with AVOD or at least seat back screens.
    Have certainly see EI DUB on libhomeradar on the MCO route recently and there are certainly no frills on that aircraft.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Plane Mad

if you read the small print it will say one plane is not fitted out with the avod and new seats ei-dub is leaving the fleet early next year so happy days then all the long haul fleet will be the same

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dacian

LindaR wrote: »
    According to current Aer Lingus advertising, all their transatlantic aircraft are equipped with AVOD or at least seat back screens.
    Have certainly see EI DUB on libhomeradar on the MCO route recently and there are certainly no frills on that aircraft.
    I'm sure they would say that all t/a routes are operated by new/upgraded a/c. They could call DUB a 'standby/shorthaul A330'. "In certain incidences out standby shorthaul A330 shall operate a t/a flight to prevent cancellation/severe disruption"

Any EI staff to confirm or deny this theory?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,463 ✭✭✭✭cson

Can anyone tell me if there's an IFE equipped plane doing DUB-MCO on the 7th and MCO-DUB on the 14th?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

cson wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if there's an IFE equipped plane doing DUB-MCO on the 7th and MCO-DUB on the 14th?

YES

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,463 ✭✭✭✭cson

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭bridestream

DUB/MCO on 14th Jan.
    Will I be lucky and NOT have EI-DUB?
    Anybody know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ackandback

Evening folks, would anyone happen to know what aircraft is scheduled to operate EI121 to MCO on the 9th of January.

Also the return EI120 to DUB on 19th January if available.

Many thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 42 duck_77

According to another forum, EI-DUB has been sent to Manchester for painting in preparation for its removal from the fleet.

If this is the case, all US flights will have AVOD now.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭zone 1

duck_77 wrote: »
    According to another forum, EI-DUB has been sent to Manchester for painting in preparation for its removal from the fleet.

If this is the case, all US flights will have AVOD now.
    so im on a dub jkf flight on 10feb how would u find out callsign which plane is fly me

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Celtic Mech

Maybe this thread can be put to bed now...basically EI-DUB has gone for painting and afterwards will go for a C Check and then be handed back to the Leasor..then for a future life with another airline...which one exactly i dont know. Therefore....ALL EI aircraft from now that operate the US flights are equipped with the Panasonic eX2 System.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭zone 1

zone 1 wrote: »
    so im on a dub jkf flight on 10feb how would u find out callsign which plane is fly me
    sorry if u took me up wrong but the question I'm asking is i fly the 10 Feb with aer lingus is it one of the new planes i.e duo,duz,ord,eav all i want to no is how i would fine out thank u zone 1

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dacian

zone 1 wrote: »
    sorry if u took me up wrong but the question I'm asking is i fly the 10 Feb with aer lingus is it one of the new planes i.e duo,duz,ord,eav all i want to no is how i would fine out thank u zone 1
    Read the post in between your two. If you want to know the reg of the aircraft on the day you could ask the stewardesses onboard.

I second Celtic Mech,time to lock this thread if all the EI A330 have new entertainment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Enigma'

Yep, this thread no longer serves a purpose. It should be locked now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Thanks guys, all EI US bound aircraft have IFE now so closing thread.

Happy well entertained-flying.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement