Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alice In Chains

• 25-06-2009 10:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭

The video for the first single off of the new album, comes online on the 30th June.

A Loooking In View is the single and Black Gives Way to Blue is the album title.

Am really looking forward to hearing how the new stuff sounds in it's studio version and how it differs from the songs they played when touring.

http://www.aliceinchains.com/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Really looking forward to it, I thought they were excellent when they supported Metallica in 2006. Hoping this year they'll have a longer set.

I wonder what kind of balance there'll be between their new stuff and the classics?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Oh wow! I've been looking forward to this since 2006 when my faith in AiC was restored by William DuVall who is a great lead singer, no one can ever replace Layne but he did a great job doing the old AiC stuff. This has to be my most anticipated album in years, hope they play a new song or two at Marlay Park this year and I'd really love if they came back here and played the Olympia or something, I want to hear a full Alice in Chains setlist!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

im holding out for a full concert end of the year hopefully...:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Neo#

Cant wait for the album and to see them supporting Metallica.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

omg I cant wait,I hope they come to ireland again and headline there own show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bigbadcon

Yeah cant wait.

Been listening to a lot of Jerry Cantrell solo albums lately.

The guys a legend..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 actung87!

excellent are they high up on the bill at marlay parK?might go to that..
    class band in their day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eipuJPgHFZk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Port Royale

we die young ... and they are still around.....magic

classic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 836 ✭✭✭- bo -

Don't think anyone's posted it anywhere yet, new AIC song - A Looking In View:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnBEXTuUca0

I love it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Gets the thumbs up from me,vocals are excellent.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Alanthroneus

****ING AWESOME \o/

I've had it on all evening! Really really digging it. I'm just disappointed that the album isn't out before they support Metallica. Fingers crossed we'll see them doing their own headline show.

Edit: Just discovered that the single is available on iTunes. Excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

That new song is insane, and i used to be one of those, Alice in chains aint nothing without layne people. DuValls done a phenomenal job, the song is dark heavy and most importantly actually good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Oh yes that will do :) great tune

you can download it for free by signing up with your email address on their official site

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is the album available to buy in shops today?

Nope, not released until September unfortunately, 29th or something I think...

- bo - wrote: »
    Nope, not released until September unfortunately, 29th or something I think...

ah feck :'(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

New song is excellent. I Couldn't go see them last time but I'm hoping to go this year. I wish they'd play just themselves though. I can't wait for the new album. I thought Cantrell's solo albums were hit and miss but hopefully this will be different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Feck indeed, this album needs to come out waaaay sooner...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Second single comes out in August.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Song doesnt really do anything for me. The vocals are good but obviously not a patch on Laynes voice. The actual song is a bit overlong and repetitive, and tbh it sounds more like some numetal from about 2003 than AIC. My initial thought upon hearing the opening riff was 'sounds like staind or some ****'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Dagon

new tracks sounds really good to these ears tbh.. wasn't expecting it to be better than the Layne stuff, but it's pretty damn good and definitely sounds like the heavier AIC sound. I'm sure they will have plenty of light and shade on the album, they always have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭deisedude

Thats a quality tune

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hyn-zie

Downloaded it yesterday, fu@king savage tune, William has really impressed me years ago at metallica but this song is class, i cannot wait for this new album and to see them in marley park, metallica who??? lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Cantrell does more of the vocals than DuVall on this no?

sounds more like a Cantrell track than an AIC track, but also reminds me of something off the self titled AIC album.
    I'll still defo be checking this album out. Hopefully there are some acoustic numbers. Some of the stuff off SAP/Jar of Flies imo is the best stuff they've done.

I wouldn't agree that it's "nu metal" sounding as such...

Vocal harmonies are great on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hyn-zie

Yeah it sounds like JC has the majority but you can hear duvall and he has a brilliant aggresive voice! hopefully the album spawns a few good hits so we prob get them back here on the own!!

• Advertisement

I think if people can get past whether it's stayley or not stayley, and listen to the song on its own, it's a pretty rocking track...

Advertisement