Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Give me Some Techno!

• 25-06-2009 11:25am
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Most of the new music I've been getting these days has been deep house and some funky & bouncy tech house. I have got a few nice techno tracks and want to do a mix of all chunky techno - but need some new recommendations.

Looking for chunky, rhythmic funky techno - can anyone give me some recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

How about a bit of old skool ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Starfox

Zascar wrote: »
    Most of the new music I've been getting these days has been deep house and some funky & bouncy tech house. I have got a few nice techno tracks and want to do a mix of all chunky techno - but need some new recommendations.

Looking for chunky, rhythmic funky techno - can anyone give me some recommendations?

Hey Zascar, shane collins here, like i said last night im a trance addict but i want to get into techno aswell im already getting into house im not putting a limit on anything here haha, give me some of the best techno tracks to listen to from the last few years and out now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

My Favorite's at the moment, Jon Gaiser and Gregor Tresher!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭francois

here's a great record which seems to have been forgotten is James Ruskin's "further design"

on a more UK minimal tip...

Steve Bicknell

tasty German techno-Andreas Mugge - grand slam (ta Giles ;) )

on a NY acid tip Damon Wild

Raw Form Anger from the Skuller-let it play, it builds up like a volcano..this version end short couldn't find the full version unfortunately

The godfather of minimalism Krakpot-Plastikman

Schatrax-great British deep techno

Some Scandanavian noize
    Joel mull

Luke Slater-stomp

So can see the difficulty in recommending techno as it means a million different things to a million different people!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

francois wrote: »
    So can see the difficulty in recommending techno as it means a million different things to a million different people!

Agreed, Probably better if you post a track you like Zascar then people can recommend something similar!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Thanks lads, there is some great stuff in there! Jay D that Horrorist tune brings back so many memories, what a tune! Francois thanks for such a large and varied selection, one or two are a tad hard for me but some lovely stuff in there.

Techo is one of those genre's that is so wide ranging its hard to know. Here are a few tracks I like right now - most of which could be argued whether they are Techno or not - but hey its all good music at the end of the day!

Norman - Ich Bin Was Ich Bin

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Luke Creed

Go Hiyama, A Paul, The Advent v Industrializer, Surgeon, Adam Beyer, Ruskin, Ortin Cam, Marco Remus, Bas Mooy.. i could give you more if you want! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Whoever was playing on Kitchen Sync last night between 8-10 was playing some deadly stuff towards the end of his set. Not normally my bag but I was liking it.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Just did a random mix of the latest bunch of tunes I got this week - hadn't really had a proper chance to listen to most of them - but just pressed record and threw them all together. Lots of nice funky rhythmic techno in there if you want to have a listen:

Download - 320kbs, 166mb, 112 mins

01 - D-Nox & Beckers - Cala A Boca (Original Mix)
    02 - Angel Anx - Copy Rat (Veztax Remix)
    03 - Namito - Zorro (Phonique & Tigerskin Remix)
    04 - Heiko Laux - Mirabella (Original Mix)
    05 - Sebastien Leger - Foxxy (Original Mix)
    06 - 2Special - Twisted Sound (Spartaque remix)
    07 - Edu Imbernon, Coyu - El Baile Aleman - Original Mix
    08 - Libex, Marshall - Black Conga - Original Mix
    09 - Veztax - Nature (Marko Nastic Remix)
    10 - Andrea Bertolini - smiling (spartaque remix)
    11 - Nick Muir - Tenko (Milton Jackson & Sei A Remix)
    12 - Michel Cleis - Deconstructed
    13 - Reboot - Ronson (Original Mix)
    14 - Dj PP - I Like House Music - Original Mix
    15 - Aldo Haydar caix 2008 - 2000 and one-tropical melons
    16 - Saeed Younan - Kumbalha (Original Mix)
    17 - Motorcitysoul - Mango [Milton Jackson Remix]
    18 - Radio Slave - Sundazed
    19 - Libex, Marshall - Swahili Song - Original Mix
    20 - Shur-I-Kan vs. Milton Jackson - Swap Shop
    21 - George F - Congo Man - Re Dupre Remix

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Entec

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭Diageio_Man

Advertisement