Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Overlord II - anyone getting it ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

I'm very much looking forward to it - I loved the original one and from the demo, this seems like more of the same, which is not bad IMO :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Reading the reviews and comparing it to the 1st one, the graphics are a lot better, sharper ai, more types of minions and a 20 hour campaign. Gamespot are complaining the the aiming system is broken though and ai still isn't as good as it could be. Still, I liked the demo and didn't notice this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

really liked the first game, as did the gf (bonus!) so i will be getting this as soon as i get my new xbox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Dont remember the 1st one being as annoying as this :mad:

After the laughs wear off there are some truely rage quit inducing moments.
    That rubbish boat and trying to run those bloody spiders over the switches on the walls.

Over all though its ok , the Ai is better but not perfect you'll right trigger looting and the little bastards wont pick anything up at times.

It's basically the same game though underneath despite the extras

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I think it's an improvement on the 1st one (which i liked) it could have been better but i'm enjoying it so far, haven't played too much of it yet cos there are lots of games vying for attention at the moment. Clubbing seals is fun, (only in the game though, haven't tried it in real life.....yet :D)

• Advertisement

Flaccus wrote: »
    Reading the reviews and comparing it to the 1st one, the graphics are a lot better, sharper ai, more types of minions and a 20 hour campaign.

I'm enjoying it so far though TBH, I don't see too many differences from the first one. The graphics don't look that much better at all IMO, though they were not bad to begin with in the first one. Sharper AI? Maybe in some cases, but the minions still do stupid things from time to time (like Calex71 said, they don't pick anything up even though there are a bazillion things on the ground).

More minion types? I don't have blues yet, but given how the controls are mapped, there's only room for the blues left so there are the 4 types, browns, reds, greens and blues just like the first one.

I like the ability to possess minions, which I think is a completely new thing?

Overall, I'm happy with it - like I said before, I enjoyed the first one so more of the same is not a bad thing. The humor is pretty good still and I like the dumbed down Romans in this one, gives it a very Asterix feel...

J-blk wrote: »
    gives it a very Asterix feel...

Thats exactly what i thought, and the browns saying nice wolfie all the time never gets old :D

calex71 wrote: »
    trying to run those bloody spiders over the switches on the walls

Sheesh, I see what you mean now... I'm stuck on the third lift, the fourth switch - I've tried about 20 times now and keep missing it... This is sucking pretty much all enjoyment out of the game. Who the #!@& comes up with this crap?

J-blk wrote: »
    Sheesh, I see what you mean now... I'm stuck on the third lift, the fourth switch - I've tried about 20 times now and keep missing it... This is sucking pretty much all enjoyment out of the game. Who the #!@& comes up with this crap?

I know !!!!!! I was stuck on the 3rd set too , walked way cursing and turned it off, cooked dinner came back and did it 1st time :D

I think when i got it I was using all greens in a big swarm seemed to be easier to do it that way.

Got through it finally but what the hell were they thinking?! I set markers on the 2nd and 3rd button with one minion each, then hit the 1st one and raced towards the 4th - it worked (or it was dumb luck) :D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭quinnd6

I read a review on Gamecentral on channel 4's teletext sayin that it was not as deep or as strategic as the first one , that the gameplay had been watered down to appeal to the masses and that it was as a result inferior to the original overlord.

I don't know myself as I haven't got either but that's what they said.

quinnd6 wrote: »
    I read a review on Gamecentral on channel 4's teletext sayin that it was not as deep or as strategic as the first one , that the gameplay had been watered down to appeal to the masses and that it was as a result inferior to the original overlord.

I don't know myself as I haven't got either but that's what they said.

Hmmmm id need to go back to the 1st one again to say for sure to be honest,
    but now that you mention it i can't really remember a single instance so far in OL2 that i haven't just bulled in , i distinctly remember routing and separating minions in the 1st one quite a bit.

Id also need to play a bit more but that may be a fair review

Advertisement