Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coulis- Enemy of Cake

Options
  • 25-06-2009 11:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭

Please, chefs and plate dressers everywhere, put down the big squeezy bottle of raspberry coulis, you're breaking my heart. Nothing ruins a piece of cake more than having it drenched in something I didn't ask for that then becomes practically the only thing I can taste. Got a piece of pear and ginger cheesecake a couple of weeks ago that I had very high hopes for indeed but it was floating in its own private lake of the cursed red stuff.

On a side note- if I catch you with your sieve and bag of icing sugar anywhere near my beautiful slice of cake I'll come after you with a very big stick indeed. Cake is beautiful in all its unadorned cakey glory, it doesn't need a snowfall of icing sugar on it!!

/cake rant

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

They usually do that to hide the fact that while their factory produced home-made cake is high on colour & gloss, and looks so wonderfully tempting, it tastes so bland bland bland!

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭The Minstrel

I have also been victim to this crime. It's as if there is an ice-cream man lurking in the kitchen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

The curse of coulis!!!!

For me, coulis renders a cake inedible........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

I think Joey from friends summed up everything about coulis;

"Waiter, there seems to be some sort of red crap on my cheesecake"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭smallgarden

once worked in a place that did designs on plate for dinner with the bottle sauces/coulis and not for lunch menu but they used the same desserts.so if not used for dinner they were transferred onto clean plain plate for lunch next day with coulis goo on the bottom,was gross!

• Advertisement
Advertisement