Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MS Comic Chat

Options
  • 25-06-2009 11:52am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This is one of the weirdest things I've seen when it comes to comics and software. It turns out that years ago, Microsoft had a graphical IRC client called Comic Chat which basically turned conversations into comic strips on the fly, if I've understood it correctly. Not only that, but a lot of the artwork it uses was created by Jim Woodring. (It also transpires that this is the software used to make the Jerkcity webcomic).

I'm intrigued enough to want to tinker with this. Anybody else seen any wacky comics-related software around?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

So I was looking at this yesterday and it's a bit of a pain to get working with Windows XP, given that it was developed for use with the likes of Windows 98. I'm going to keep at it though and see how easily it could be turned into a comic strip generator using original artwork templates. If nothing else it might be useful as a storyboarding tool for writers, for example.

Advertisement