Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why are beauty treatments still so expensive?

• 25-06-2009 12:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭

Why? :mad:

Oh ten percent off if you book online and come in before 10am and leave at 10.15 am type offers can go f*ck right off.

My boyfriend wanted to bring me away for the night for my birthday, maybe to a spa for a treat, I (like so many others) have lost my job and need a bit of cheering up.
    We've been checking places out and the prices are absoultly ridiculous.
    220euro for a 30 mins massage, a poxy greasy breakfast and a room PER PERSON is the average price on offer.
    (Ok I could be exagerrating slightly! but you get the idea?)

I understand people need to make money and I'm lucky enough to have a generous boyfriend but why are the beauty industry and travel industry still taking the piss?

We get given out to for going up the north to spend our money, and no wonder, myself and my mam went to Newry in march,I had mini facial, both had eyebrow waxs and mam had a mini manicure..............£26 for the lot.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭This

cant beat the north at all.... its unreal the prices here..... i go up north once a month and get all my beauty bits done

waxing, massage, nails, hair, eyebrows and sometimes a few other bits usually cost around 80 sterling... but considering a manicure is sometimes 5o blips here its well worth it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭lubie76

I agree, particularly when the therapists trhemselves are normally paid very badly. I done a Beauty Therapy course when I was younger and honest to god the money was so brutal I had to go to abroad to make a decent living and pay back the thousands I had to fork out for the training course.

Anyway back on topic. I would keep away from the 'spas' in Hotels and such and go for a package deal in a smaller Beauty Salon. Okay you may not have the luxury of a thermal suite or whatever but you will more than likely get a more experienced Therapist. More than that you will get a good price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

Everyone should have a watch out for beauticians who were let go from their jobs and now doing it in the house.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Knifey_Spoony

Slighty off topic....but can anyone recommend a good cheap beauty salon up the north? Preferably Newry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭This

Perfection in Newry is really good... often does special offers for us southerns!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭deisebabe

has any of yee tried this place? http://www.planetbeach.com/international/ireland/index.aspx

I drove past the one in tallaght the other nite. It must be cheaper than normal spa?
    Could be one to try!
    Other than that i agree about prices here. Its ridiculous.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭zack01

Hi there,
    Had to post a reply to you thread, i wanted to buy the missus a voucher for a few treatments in a day spa because she has been a bit stressed out lately, but like you guys said the prices in some places are ridiculous, i was talking to a mate and he told me his wife goes to a day spa in ballymount, he gave me the number, i gave them a call, being a man i did'nt really know what to be asking or what exactly i wanted, but the girl that i spoke with was very pleasant and helped me by describing what they offered, everything sounded great, i could'nt decide what to buy so they told me about a special they had on, it included a chocolate facial, a hot stone massage, 40 mins on a dry float bed!! and a spa pedicure, now none of this made any sense to me but apparently it's very relaxing! and now the best bit, i asked how much this would cost me? €199 the girl said, before i could take it in, she said 'sir, that is a special we are doing and it is for two people'!! I gave her the c card details straight away and booked her in for the following day.
    I phoned her sis and asked her would she go with her as it was for two people, she jumped at it.
    I dropped them off the next day and was told to come back 3.5 hrs later, now to say they were relaxed is an understatement, they were totally pampered relaxed in between treatments with a glass or two of wine, they said while they were having their pedicure they watched a girlie movie on a plasma screen, talk about luxury.
    First thing i asked them, 'well was it worth it? their reply was that they had already booked in again for the following week,
    My wife has already been back again and has even booked me in for a massage as men are welcome too, she wants to book me in for a facial too but we'll wait and see!
    Sorry if i have rambled on a bit but i certainly earned a few brownie points by finding this place and buying her the treatments, they also have parking which is a big plus, i can't reccomend this spa enough girls, well worth your while giving them a buzz, 4295122 or they gave her a card with their website on, www.creativespa.ie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

This wrote: »
    Perfection in Newry is really good... often does special offers for us southerns!!

Oh my god, that place is so cheap! £15 for a deluxe manicure! Holy crap, i'm going there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭carasbars

deisebabe wrote: »
    has any of yee tried this place? http://www.planetbeach.com/international/ireland/index.aspx

I drove past the one in tallaght the other nite. It must be cheaper than normal spa?
    Could be one to try!
    Other than that i agree about prices here. Its ridiculous.

I've used it...its right across from the hair salon that I use ...I get my tan done there now and again - they have a tanning machine as opposed to a person spraying you down, they have a load of beauty treatments that I haven't tried out yet but the prices look a bit better than normal spas alright

Advertisement