Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurants in Portlaoise

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Obaraten wrote: »
    Whats the Japanese restaurant like beside the FAS office?

I've only eaten there once, but it wasn't too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Philthy

I've only eaten there once, but it wasn't too bad.

Do you mean Emperor's House? I've been a few times, great staff but as seems to be the norm in Chinese restaurants, there's about 15 of them dotted around the room. I don't know how any of them make money. I know I've went to this spot during the day mostly and only a few times in the evening but I've never seen anyone else in it. Everytime I've eaten there, we've been the only table:confused:

The service is good, the food is fab and quick. I'd say they spend more time carving the carrot into a bird than anything else. I used to like the chinese in the top square before it changed into the Irish Kebab House or something. Horrific decor but beautiful food. I miss them:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

26euro? That's fairly decent. I must trek out there sometime. Is it a decent menu?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭laois gael

Ninos has a sit down area again so is good if you want an old fashioned sit down chipper meal.

I like the square Meal on main street its plain but very clean and the grub is tasty.

Kingfisher is a nice indian.

Kellys is very hit and miss but I have to say Seaons was nice any time i was there!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I've never had a bad meal in O'Gormans, been there a good few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

How do ye find O'Gormans in Kilminchy??

Bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭laois gael

OK but ain't nothing to write home about....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Scan Man

O'Gormans is grand, but nothing special. The homemade burger goes down a treat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

So good, bad and indifferent.:pac:

Agree, the homemade burgers are savage.

How do ye find O'Gormans in Kilminchy??

They are fairly alright, a bit slow sometimes. Their omelettes are fab, chips are nice and chunky but if you have a few people, get the bar platter with chicken goujons (generally huge) mozzarella sticks (addictive) and garlic mushrooms (to occupy everyone else while I eat the mozzarella sticks :D). It also comes with prawns or seafood of some kind but we always ask them to swap them for more of the others, just not our thing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement