Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do xcode/OSX coders hang out?

Options
  • 25-06-2009 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I know this is a slightly cheeky request, but I can't think where else to start. Experienced Java coder here, starting into OSX/iPhone objective c coding for a college project. Having some issues with xCode. Does anyone know where the main forum is for mac coders?

Thanks,
    C

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Is it not built into XCode? Some are here. I am by no means an expert on ObjectiveC but you can post your question in this forum and someone might answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Are you using the version on the Leopard DVD or the latest version from the Developer area of Apple's site? The version on the DVD is fairly buggy to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

ethernet wrote: »
    Are you using the version on the Leopard DVD or the latest version from the Developer area of Apple's site? The version on the DVD is fairly buggy to be honest.

Using the version off the site. My main issue is code completion - I'm used to Eclipse so maybe I'm expecting things that Xcode just can't do. For example as far as I see code completion doesn't go up into the superclass methods ... or sometimes it doesn't, other times it does! I can't figure it out :D I initially thought code completion was pointing towards an old SDK version or something but there doesn't seem to be a pref for that. Is code completion just a bit flaky?

Thanks,
    C

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

stackoverflow.com has a lot of objc stuff

Advertisement