Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage relief question

Options
  • 25-06-2009 12:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭

Hi there

Hope someone can help.

I bought and moved into my own place at the start of this year. Last month I applied for mortgage relief. I was told I would get back-pay for the months I have been paying the full whack. I was told about two weeks ago to expect a cheque as I noticed the relief has kicked in but no cheque.

Today I called Revenue who told me I was misinformed and there is no cheque. The amount owed will just be deducted from my mortgage each month and spread evenly over 12 months.

I was relying on that cheque to bay off a credit card bill. I've paid it today but it will be a very quiet month for me.

Was there ever cheques issued? I just cant believe the first guy I spoke to go it so wrong!

sf x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

I've paid off my mortgage at this stage (YES!) but when I was paying it, the TRS was always paid into the account from which the mortgage repayment was made (NIB) - What you have been told sounds very strange, unless its a new policy for back dated adjustments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

homer911 wrote: »
    I've paid off my mortgage at this stage (YES!) but when I was paying it, the TRS was always paid into the account from which the mortgage repayment was made (NIB) - What you have been told sounds very strange, unless its a new policy for back dated adjustments

Thanks... I dont know what is going on. Two very different accounts of what will happen. I know that the TRS comes out of my bank every month (it came out for the first time this month) but it is the months I'm owed that has me baffled. It would have been around 800-900euro at this point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

I just called EBS who explained to me that there is no cheque and apologies that I was misled.... I was asked who I spoke to that told me that info but I honestly dont remember... It's a bummer alright....:mad:

That money could have come in handy. It is just beings pread out evenly over the year!

It'll be a very quiet month for me now! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

I only applied last February as when I previously applied I was given the wrong account number by the bank. I rang them last March to see that it definitely went through and was told that I should see the first bit of Interest relief about May but I wouldn't get the full backdated amount until the following month. I was told however that it would be hitting my account in a separate transaction to my loan withdrawal. I still have not received it but if I don't get the first bit this month I'm ringing them back because I just thought there might be a delay last month due to the changes in mortgage interest relief last month.

Advertisement