Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Maynooth ...

Options
  • 25-06-2009 12:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

Can anyone tell me which estates in Maynooth are closest to the train station?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

There's one opposite it, its fairly nice.. can't remember the name though. Someone will know it im sure..

Beware though.. Maynooth is full of students, burnt out cars and shopping centres!!1 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭paulanthony

Parklands, CastleBridge, Silken Vale and Old Greenfield:confused: are the nearest.

A bit further but still pretty near would be Rail Park, Rockfield, Carton Court, Kingsbry.

Parklands is the one opposite that the other poster couldn't remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Silkenvale is right beside it - Parklands is opposite it. Silkenvale is a quiet estate - some student houses but I've never had a problem with them and both sides of me are rented. Gone Drinking is Leixlip - that's where the burnt out cars are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭donaghs

Whats Gone Drinkin?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

hahahaha

Read the posts;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gwjones42

Beaufield is another estate not too far from the train. I've just moved in and can hear the platform announcements from my garden! It's a nice place with its own shops and pub, but again there are plenty of rented houses. Mine was rented and needs loads of work, but was a better price as a result!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

We viewed a house in Beaufield recently,it was lovely but would of needed to spend a fortune on it to make it a nice home,also if they advertise a 5 bed do not believe them until you view it!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Nedermeyer

Up until recently, i lived in the development above dunnes, and it's well handy for the train station ~ used to walk it in precisely 3 and a half minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

laurence avenue isnt too far either

Advertisement