Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broadband in ballinasloe

Options
  • 25-06-2009 12:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭

Anyone having problems with three.ie broadband in b'sloe-am going slowly mad here-connected on minute, gone the next. Contacted so-called 'tech support'-some poor fellas reading a script in India and they are telling me that there's no problem with the network. :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

A customer in Ballinasloe rang me this morning with the same symptoms so you're not alone. Too many users and piss poor coverage is the prob I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭jamesd

Vodafone coverage is very good in Bsloe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭fifilarue

well, never had a problem with it until yesterday afternoon, when it just went haywire. When I called them earlier to see if they were any closer to sorting things out, I was asked if I owned a car. I was beginning to wonder if I had won a prize of something for being the most popular caller that day-so I said yes- and was told to get in it and drive to another town to see if it worked there. Honest to god.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Lee72

I'm glad it's not just me, using Vodaphone and am 4 miles outside Ballinasloe. Today it's so so slow and keeps saying every site is unavailable:mad:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

And that's why the West needs proper telecommunications and transport infrastructure or else it will have no future - save for being a giant depopulated theme park for the tourists.

• Advertisement

fifilarue wrote: »
    well, never had a problem with it until yesterday afternoon, when it just went haywire. When I called them earlier to see if they were any closer to sorting things out, I was asked if I owned a car. I was beginning to wonder if I had won a prize of something for being the most popular caller that day-so I said yes- and was told to get in it and drive to another town to see if it worked there. Honest to god.

Classic.:D

You should have said no problem except I'm using it on a desktop pc and I wouldn't have an extension lead long enough.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭fifilarue

:D:D:D..can see the funny side but reality is i am self employed and nature of my work means that i can't function without broadband-things ar bad enough for small businesses without these jokers throwing their oar in. maybe it's time to take to the streets (in a revolutionary way!)>

If you're within 4 km of the town and you need it for work, get proper DSL broadband. Don't be fluting around with those clowns.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement