Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plumbing - Cylinder Location

Options
  • 25-06-2009 1:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

I'm getting a heating upgrade in my house and my plumber has informed me that the Cylinder has to be the '1st T off' .Does anyone know why this is ??? He also told me that he has to run another pair of pipes to the cylinder and it will cost more , why does he have to run another pair of pipes to the cylinder??

thanks
    ssssrrrr

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

My apologies but have not got a clue what you mean

why dont you just get a second quote!

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭browner85

he means that the first connection after the boiler has to be the cylinder?? are you getting your heating put in different zones????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 ssssrrrr

yes I'm geting them put into zones , why does the cylinder have to be the first connection after the boiler ??

The shorter the run between boiler and cylinder the less heat loss, you need the extra pipes because they should of been there in the first place(good working practice) to split the cylinder from the heating circuit, it sounds like your plumber knows his stuff and you will reduce costs and have proper control over your heating and hot water, Gary.

Advertisement