Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Pub In Letterkenny

• 25-06-2009 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭

I noticed the pub formally known as the Casbah (on Lower Main Street) has re-opened, under the magnificently crap name of "Tonic"

Has anyone been in it yet? do they still have the pool table?

I really miss playing pool and having a beer! not enough bars + pool table combinations in Letterkenny.... i don't know of any really. :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

didn't even realise that the place was opened! musta been a HUGE launch party! I was only in the place a fwe times when it was the Kasbah and as ya say the pool table was a major attraction. might take a walk in if it's open when i'm walkin past after work later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭inode

i haven't been in the place yet but word is they have strippers there next week :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 nmg-lky

was in it for a pint on monday night. Launch is on sat night. Hip hop night i think. no pool tables there now. guy running it seems to be sound enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Crotchety

Will the strippers reveal all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭GeneticDeviant

i may well have to pay the place a visit sumtime next week. When did you say the strippers are there? lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Crotchety

Are the strippers local ladies? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

nmg-lky wrote: »
    no pool tables there now

That's disappointing!

Is there anywhere in Letterkenny at all that has pool tables? what does everyone have against pool table here? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

wrote: »
    Are the strippers local ladies? :pac:

/shudder

yeah well was gonna go in yesterday but some really drunk guy stumbled in the door infront of me so i thought i'd give it a miss!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Pique

That's disappointing!

Is there anywhere in Letterkenny at all that has pool tables? what does everyone have against pool table here? :confused:

The Hideout have one. Not a bad one at that.
    I agree btw...I used to love going for a few beers with me mates and having a few games of pool/killer.

Pique wrote: »
    The Hideout have one. Not a bad one at that.
    I agree btw...I used to love going for a few beers with me mates and having a few games of pool/killer.

The Hideout... hmm, what are the locals like there? do they like outsiders? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Mac055

Give it 6 months it'll die a death just like the globe and casbah before it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭EAFC_rdfl

does the orchard not have a pool table? we used to go to the old bowling alley to play pool, and arena 7 will have pool tables too, bit out of town though.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Klim

The Hideout... hmm, what are the locals like there? do they like outsiders? :)

You'll be fine, as you'll be the only person in there by all accounts!! It used to be a bit rough though.

EAFC_rdfl wrote: »
    does the orchard not have a pool table? we used to go to the old bowling alley to play pool, and arena 7 will have pool tables too, bit out of town though.

I don't think the Orchard has one. Arena 7 is 2 quid per game! total rip off.
    Klim wrote: »
    You'll be fine, as you'll be the only person in there by all accounts!! It used to be a bit rough though.

Might give it a whirl!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭paul larry

the polish pr gal is as hot as any ur liable to see in this country..........thats no lie.........11 outta ten in that respect!!!!!!!!!!:D:cool:

Advertisement