Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Touchscreen phone with a good browser and good camera?

• 25-06-2009 1:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭

I'm in the market for a new phone, my current N73 is on its last legs.

I'm looking for a touchscreen phone that has a good browser and also a good camera.

My gf has an iphone which is a great phone but not for me because it has a crap camera.

I'm looking to spend about €200, any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

To be honest, most Camera's on phones are crap. I stand over the fact you buy a phone for talking and a camera for photos. And I've had the N95 and the iPhone.

The 5800 is a great little phone however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

ironclaw wrote: »
    To be honest, most Camera's on phones are crap. I stand over the fact you buy a phone for talking and a camera for photos. And I've had the N95 and the iPhone.

The 5800 is a great little phone however.

You cant just say cameras on phones are crap. Phones are phones, taking photos is not their main function. You cant compare a picture taken with a phone and an actual camera. I have printed pictures with an n95 with good results.

I took these with my N97 while moving and bare in mind i resized them for posting on boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

Those pics are pretty clear alright!

Seems to me there is no reason why new phones cant replace a digital camera at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

CoDy1 wrote: »
    Those pics are pretty clear alright!

Seems to me there is no reason why new phones cant replace a digital camera at this stage.
    Lens clarity, sensor size and just because theyre designed to be cameras, not an add-on
    Camera phones will never be as good as dedicated cameras

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

LG Renoir. Does exactly what you're looking for! I have one myself and I got it basically for those tow reasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

I have to say the N95 / 97 have a great camera. I'm just into my photography and they will never replace a stand alone camera. But the 5800 / a second hand N95/96 would be my picks.

Advertisement