Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excel Conditional formatting

• 25-06-2009 1:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Have a spread sheet with over 10,000 enteries want to format ones that just have "_something" at the end with red colour font.Ctrl F and "_something" will find all the enteries i wan to format, so how do i format it text in conditional formatting???surely its something simple....Using 2003 btw

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

Look up conditional formatting in Excel Help. you can choose a range of cells and apply a format and a condition. The format is applied if the condition is true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Not sure how to do it with the conditional formatting but a macro, as demonstrated in the sample file, should work for you.

_something.xls

Turning this:

_something1.png

into this:

_something2.png

Basically it'll work down through column A applying the formatting where appropriate until it reaches an empty cell. Let me know if you have a problem with it or want something explained.

Advertisement