Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations?

• 25-06-2009 2:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭

Now that I've finished my leaving cert I want to commit to my piano. After a year of playing I'm in something of a rut, you know octaves with the left hand , chordal melodies with the right, generally everything is centered around chord progressions which is boring me and hampering my songwriting. Any albums with prominent piano lines that could accelerate my ability?:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

What about trying to play songs that aren't normally on piano? It'll certainly challenge you! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

get a book called ''the songwriting secrets of the beatles''. it's a full, serious music education.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 ride the spiral

have you listened to children of bodom?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yeb8SmWfTA

a battle between the guitarist and pianist.
    enjoy ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

have you listened to children of bodom?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yeb8SmWfTA

a battle between the guitarist and pianist.
    enjoy ;)

That's absolutely... Disgusting... And it's not piano ;)

OP, ever listen to any jazz? From your first post, I guess you're not into playing classical. Jazz piano has a lot of chordy stuff, and it's really interesting, anyone would learn a huge amount from it - I'm only getting into it myself, but I've learned loads already. You can't go wrong with Kind Of Blue by Miles Davis.

If you are into classical, Erik Satie! Beautiful and easy! You probably know this one, but all his stuff is so good, and doesn't sound to difficult to play.

ok fare enough i didn't really think you'd actualy like that.

But i do like classical music.
    i'v got a few compilations of classical music. i like them quite alot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

ok fare enough i didn't really think you'd actualy like that.

But i do like classical music.
    i'v got a few compilations of classical music. i like them quite alot.

Oh, the second half of my post wasn't directed at you - it'd sound really arrogant if you thought it was, sorry if that was the case. I wasn't making any assumptions about your own taste in music! I just didn't like the CoB thing.

its cool man,
    no worries.

people are generaly sound on boards, unlike youtube.
    im gonna stop this befor i go into a rant...

cheers,
    Andy.

Advertisement