Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foot tattoo

Options
  • 25-06-2009 2:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭

I’ve been trying to come up with the design for this for ages, and have been googling etc as much as you can still haven’t found exactly what I want (you know, haven’t had that “that’s it” moment) I want this one to be a "pretty" one. Any advice/suggestions???

Have attached a pic of the nearest one to what I want that I could find, but obviously want mine to more “mine”. Liking the Lotus Flower in tatts too…

Only thing is no stars – already have one of those!

(PS Am not a newbie, it’s my 3rd tatt ;))

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

my advice would be to print off some pictures you like, bring them into the tattoo artist, give them a rough idea of what you want and let them sketch away!

they can draw out a few and i'm sure you'll eventually come across one that pops out. i think it's a much better idea and more personal to get a custom piece like that than to get the one you just printed off google (unless you really really like it!)

At least you'll be guaranteed no one else will have it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 keelzer

Thats exactly what I done, took a few pics in, my artist drew up a few different designs nd I was left wif a beautiful, original tat2!! Love it

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭jinxycat

hiya, i did the same, i sent 2 pictures of differnt tattoos to the tattoo shop and told them what i wanted, didn't want them to be the same but wanted that kinda style. well i loved what they came up with :D

mines on the foot also and was my first :D planning on my second already:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 jaaavaaa

Hi there,

I hope it's OK if I hijack this thread? It's just that I know there are lots more threads here about foot tattoos - I've looked through them - so I didn't think there was much point starting a new one.

I'm a tattoo virgin, and have been thinking for a while now about getting a tattoo on my foot. I'm thinking of something like this, except my boyfriend is going to design it for me using that one for inspiration. It'll be quite similar, but smaller. Also - not to be nasty - but my feet are a lot prettier and more "delicate" than the lady's in the photo :). I'd really appreciate any comments on that design, positive or negative, as I'm able to change my mind now but won't be able to after it's done, obviously!!

Also - has anyone any experience with getting tattoos when you have psoriasis? I've never had it on my foot, but I get the occasional flare-up now and then. But I've had a couple of skin injuries and the psoriasis has never appeared on those. I know I'm taking a risk, but worst comes to worst, at least I can keep my foot covered up!

I know that tattoos on certain parts of the foot tend to fade after a while, so from what I've read, the top of the foot is the best place to get it done, yes?

And finally, if anyone could recommend an artist in Belfast I'd really appreciate it :)

Thanks in advance!

Sophie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Psoriasis, can make getting a tattoo harder , erm some tattoo artists will refuse to tattoo over an area where you are prone to getting break outs of it etc... obv if you have psoriasis in that area you cannot ink over it.

I have psoriasis and was told that , you will not get the best tattoo results by tattooing over any skin that is abnormal. I went ahead with it anyways, and tbh i never had anymore break out where i got tattoo's so maybe im lucky... altho i do have it some what under control atm , by takening medication and creams (so maybe look into that as well)

That trouble with getting it is, a tattoo is a an open wound, and unfortunately with bad cases of psoriasis , and open wound can cause additional break outs to that area (which i have had happen to me)

Erm tbh , all depends on how bad your psoriasis is.. mines a bitch and my tattoos are fine so far

• Advertisement

Thanks emo, I've never had psoriasis on my feet before, I just have small patches on my elbows and the odd random patch on different parts of my body. I've had a couple of minor injuries and wounds over the past couple of years and I never got psoriasis on them so I'm hoping (fingers crossed!) the tattoo would be OK. But as I said, even if I get psoriasis there, at least it's a place I can keep covered up.

Also, would anyone be able to give me a rough estimate of a price for the above tattoo? A friend thought it would cost about 80-100 euro, does that sound about right? Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

depends on where you go , some place charge 90 -100 per hour , other 120 per hour etc

Advertisement