Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apartments to let

Options
  • 25-06-2009 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

Hope it's Ok to post here:

www.daft.ie/xxxxxxxx (spanish arch / flood street)

I've also another place in butter milk walk (top floor apartment - 2 bed). 2 gems in city centre

Pm for more info

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Bonzodog

Wow, thats expensive for a 3 bed apt in the city. I'd say your max, given the current market (back to 2005 levels), is €1,000 p.m. There are people who cannot rent properties in the current market because they are refusing to accept that the rentals market has receded somewhat. Where I currently live in doughiska, rental prices have crashed due to the massive amount of property available.

This is a renters market, not a landlords. I would say seriously to be willing to accept €900 p.m upwards for someone that can promise a minimum term of at least 12 months in the property, and bring it up to €1,000 for someone that maybe only wants it for the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

€1,350 Monthly??

yeah good luck with that. lol.

(PS no it's not allowed)

Yeah damalo, be prepared for people haggling.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭damalo

My bad if it wasnt allowed.

Thanks for the tips - Am well aware of the current situation out there.

Please go ahead and lock this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Yeah damalo, be prepared for people haggling.

if they even see the ad.

I mean, people will probably use the "search" function with a reasonable max rent inputted :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

looking at daft the prices havent changed much, landlords desperatly trying to hold onto there profit margin and generous ones at that

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭damalo

skelliser wrote: »
    looking at daft the prices havent changed much, landlords desperatly trying to hold onto there profit margin and generous ones at that

You must have a very cheap mortgage if you think landlaords have generous margins. Alot of landlords are making up rent with the recent drops in rent inwards

beautiful place but you can't charge that if there's no parking. it's a reasonable price in my opinion if there was a spot for a car.. there arn't many apartments like that with that location so it won't be hit by rent fall as much.. still plenty of rich people about.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

No one is paying the asking rents. My friends have just rented a 4 bed house by the sea near Inverin for €700 & it's really nice. It was advertised at £1100 !.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

New place im moving into which is fabulous has dropped from 1,000 down to 695. Two double bedrooms in the very centre of town. I think you will have a lot of haggling! Good Luck with that!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Can I ask why you don't accept rent supplement tenants?
    Is it bad experience, paperwork, unregistered tenancy..?

there arn't many apartments like that with that location so it won't be hit by rent fall as much.. still plenty of rich people about.

Yes there are many flats like that within a kilometre of eyre square

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭quietobserver

skelliser wrote: »

wheres your proof for such a comment?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Use daft/advertiser/whatnot.
    If anyone wants to discuss landlords and profit there is the Accommodation forum.

Lockage

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement