Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

world cup winner

• 25-06-2009 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Name the player who won a world cup medal and played in the league of ireland for a season?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Didnt Bobby Charlton play for Waterford for a while??

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭affroman69

ha sorry my mistake there is more than one player but yes he signed from preston to waterford my mistake. good stuff but can you get another?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭bamboozling

gordon banks played for st pats against shamrock rovers in 1977. kept a clean sheet and all

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭affroman69

for a game maybe . . but for a season??

clue* hes not english

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,026 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I remember this one, it was Uwe Steeler or at least I think that was his name, I do know its Uwe but in the back of my mind Stieleke keeps popping up but I know thats a different player. He played for Cork Hibs but he was not there for a full season.

There was another one as well, another English one and thats Geoff Hurst he played Cork Hibs also. They had a period that time where they had former World stars coming in.

• Advertisement
Advertisement