Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meaty Pie Snacks!

Options
  • 25-06-2009 4:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭

Yum. I miss not being able to grab a nice steak & cheese pie snack that were so readily available like in Oz & NZ.

Pies that are available here are either really crap or really overpriced. It's hard to come across some handy grab & eat ones. €8 from some places :eek: wtf??

meatpie.jpg

1617270-the-Kiwi-steak-and-cheese-pie-1.jpg

mrs%20mac%20pie.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

God I love pies, Jamie Oliver has a lovely recipe for a guinness, steak and cheese pie in one of his books (the one that goes on about how great life would be if we all grew our own food in the backgarden like he does and kinda ignores the fact that he must have gardeners working for him) that's easy to make as well as pure lovely.

There seems to be some idea here that a pie is a fancy, luxury type food and it's ok to charge heaps of money for it. Pain in the bum so it is. From what I remember the last time I was up in Northern Ireland they have a vastly superior range of pies than we do. I could have been hallucinating because my blood was pretty much pure alcohol when I was shopping but I think Asda in Enniskillen had almost an entire aisle devoted to pies (unfortunately most of them seemed to have a hard boiled egg in the middle- bleurrrrgh)

The only savoury pies I can't really appreciate are British-style pork pies, always seem a bit stodgy and lardy to me.

Advertisement