Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lucky Escape

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Close one indeed.
    I think all level crossing should have those barriers on the road that come down automatically when a train is coming like they do in Dublin and other areas when the DART or train is coming. Doesn't say much for Sligo motorists when it says that the majority of near misses are in Sligo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Crotchety

There aren't any major main road level crossings on the Sligo line are there. Are they not just country lane outside fields with those gates you open yourself. I haven't noticed any big level crossings while on the road or on the train. They only seem to put the automatics on the main roads. If the road is not used often you have to get out open the gate, get back into the car, drive over the track, get out of the car, close the gate (if you want) and get back into the car and drive off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

They boyos in Ballymote kicked up a fuss when those cameras were put in.

They reckoned it was invasion of privacy. At the time I believe the reasons for installing them was because they were leaving the gates open after them.

Advertisement