Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revenue: I have an idea

Options
  • 25-06-2009 4:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭

Since the Revenue are so happy to produce and publish lists of Tax defaulters (and no I am not on the list YET) why not start a list of people whom THEY OWE MONEY TO.people who have been notified by The Revenue they are due a tax rebate BUT havent paid.

Ok lets start with me.
    For almost 7 years they have owed me several grand.I have been pawned off with excuse after excuse including the line "....oh there was a mistake.We added on an extra zero by accident" :mad:

I was telling someone else this and they said the same thing. 3yrs waiting and nothing.But yet when it comes to US OWING THEM they barely wait 7 weeks never mind 7 yrs and for a lot less.

Anyone else....?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

did you check your accounts and verify that they owe you !! ...or was it a genuine mistake ?

if you have checked and they do owed you then contact a solicitor on the matter..get the ball rolling and you will also be entitled to interest and could possibly argue for compensation (their version of penalties if you are late for a payment)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Yeah I spoke to guy I know who is very high up in the revenue about it and he said yes the figure I gave him matched with a figure on the system. When I told
    him the excuses he said he would see what he would do. Last word I heard he had passed it on to a more senior figure as he was transferring. It just riles me when they start issueing demands to me for a couple of hundered quid after 3mnts when they dont play by the same rules. I have thought about handing it to a solicitor but will wait till late summer to see if there is any movemnet.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,919 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I don't really see how this is a Banking, Insurance & Pensions issue.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement