Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A pub in Galway that will show a) Dublin V Westmeath and b) The Irish Derby

Options
  • 25-06-2009 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, going to Galway City for the weekend and was hoping someone could help. I'm a GAA fan but also a racing fan so I don't want to miss the Dublin/Westmeath game - or the Irish Derby on the same day. I don't mind running into a bookies to catch the Derby if needs be. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

I would say Freeneys or Garavans would be best. It would be where I would go anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Nearly all the pubs will have both on if you ask..... Garavans probably the best and if the worst comes to the worst there a Ladbrokes a few doors down!

Brgds
    Johnny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭wb

Thanks lads - is Garavans fairly central? (I'm staying near Eyre Square).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Fagans is a sports bar and has several screens, usually showing 2 or 3 matches at once, I'd say they will have both events on.

wb wrote: »
    Thanks lads - is Garavans fairly central? (I'm staying near Eyre Square).

Yeah its on shop street* on your right hand side. Just walk down the street and you wont miss it, the name is over the door. It's an auld lads pub so you can talk to the bar man and he will let you know what they are showing but Id be almost certain they will be showing both. Best pint of Guinness in galway too.

* Galway people I know its actually William street but I think everybody refers to the whole street from BT to the Front door as shop street at this stage.

• Advertisement
Advertisement