Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Sim Only Plan For Foreign Teenagers

• 25-06-2009 6:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭

I need to recommend a sim package to foreign teenagers here for a month.

They will probably all be on the same network so free texts and calls between them with for example a €20 top up would be very appealing.

Also lower rates for txts and calls to Spain/Italy would be useful.

Can you recommend to me which network and plan gives the best value under these criteria?

Thanks very much.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭blaz

I believe the answer is: Vodafone.

All networks except Three have some kind of free on-net calls for pre-pay, but Vodafone is the only network where you get both free on-net calls and cheap international calls/texts.

Operator|Tariff|Free On-Net Calls Offer|Calls to Italy and Spain (Landline/Mobile)|Texts to Italy and Spain
    Vodafone|Advantage Plus|Yes|15c/30c|15c
    O2|Experience Plus|Yes|25c/35c|25c
    Meteor|Anytime Choice|Yes|50c/50c|25c
    Three|3Pay|No|35c/35c|25c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You may want to consider o2 for 250 free international webtexts.

Or three because of msn and skype which they might like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Thanks very much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭burgess1

I use O2 and would recommend it. You can order free pay as you go SIM cards through their website.

If you top up by €20 per month, you can choose between unlimited free texts to any Irish mobile or unlimited free calls to 10 Irish O2 numbers of your choice. In addition, by registering online, you can send 250 text messages to any country through their website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

I know that 02 have the free international texts but I'd only pick 02 for this reason if they will be using a computer regularly otherwise if they will just use it normally I'd go vodafone, it works out the cheapest except for the int webtexts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

It is a bit inconvenient, but calling intl through 1call, http://www.1call.ie
    from O2 gives good value, esp for ringing mammy on the Italian or Spanish landline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    I know that 02 have the free international texts but I'd only pick 02 for this reason if they will be using a computer regularly otherwise if they will just use it normally I'd go vodafone, it works out the cheapest except for the int webtexts

Your forget AFT ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Davy wrote: »
    Your forget AFT ;)

No I didn't I chose not to say it as they would have to download it on several different phones for the students when they're only here for a month, maybe I'm just lazy... Cabbage would be handy but they would need to download the app, then register the details online etc etc

Advertisement