Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arma2 demo released

Options
  • 25-06-2009 6:49pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭

http://www.fileshack.com/file.x/14657/ArmA+2+Demo

It's 2.48 gig in size, so be warned.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

This game is-unfocking-believable.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Just went up on Steam for those interested - http://store.steampowered.com/app/33920/

Just went up on Steam for those interested - http://store.steampowered.com/app/33920/

SO did you get word on how much steam will be charging for this when it's released?

EDIT: 47.99 gah play.com it is then.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

People here were picking it up for around 35 yoyos in Gamestop.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Well done Spear. I thought I'd be forced to grab a pirate copy just to demo the game first before I spent the €€€ !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

The demo is 1.03 whilst the retail is at 1.02 :p

Awesome game well worth 30 gibs of anyones money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Picked it up in gamestop this morning for €30!
    Im still in shock :eek:

If I like the demo I'll definately get this for €30 in GameStop. 70% c'mon steam!

Hopefully game have it in stock tomorrow. Im extremely impressed with it so far they fixed nearly every fault i had with Arma (poxy aiming including) and resembles the real sequel to OFP.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Sputnik

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Tried the demo and loved it. Pretty awesome, so I will probably.

Although nearly €50 on Steam is going a bit too far, so retail all the way by the looks of things.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Tried the demo and loved it. Pretty awesome, so I will probably.

Although nearly €50 on Steam is going a bit too far, so retail all the way by the looks of things.

Steam doesn't release until the 30th for twice the cost of retail. €29 in Gamestop was the cheapest I've seen mentioned.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I really want to like this game, but i absolutly suck at it. Tried the first mission yesterday, and lost every member of my team by the time we got to the top of the first hill. Its bloody hard.

Might just get it and stick to multiplayer (co-op).

Spear wrote: »
    Steam doesn't release until the 30th for twice the cost of retail. €29 in Gamestop was the cheapest I've seen mentioned.

Indeed. Saw it in Game today for €32.

I must be the only person not to see this on sale anywhere near me.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Hmmm...don't know if it's my type of game. Just a little too 'real' and not enough arcade elements for it to be fun (all IMHO).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Spent a few hours just now on demo, 90% of games i joined i got disconnected from.
    Controls feel jerky, most of all though i was bored as hell.
    Glad i tried the demo before buying.

+1 for the jerkyness. I'm not sold.

Advertisement