Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

emperor scorpion

Options
  • 25-06-2009 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

looking for info on emperor scorpions please.
    i have an old aquarium that im goin to turn into a home for a scorpion.what kind of bedding should i use and what kind of lid would let enough air in and out but keep humidity in?
    any help greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

where about are u based?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭kingerae86

based in meath.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭RaeRae

I use peat mixed with coir (coconut fibre, you can get it in petshops). It's good to have things for them to burrow under (cork back, pieces of slate etc) and make sure the substrate is a few inches deep and damp but not wet.

For the lid, a mesh lid is good. Mine is about 70% covered by clingfilm to keep the humidity in. Seems to work fine. I have 3 living together right now, but if you're planning on doing this, try and make sure they're either siblings or raised together from a young age, mine are siblings and 9 months old right now.

Maybe not necessary for the summer but a heat mat stuck on the back of the tank adds a bit of heat for them. It should cover about 1/3 of the back.

A bit of terrarium moss is always good for humidity too.

Advertisement