Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"noob" question- looping

• 25-06-2009 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

Sorry for the stupid question, im completely new to djing only got my cdjs today!

but could anyone give me some advise on seamless looping?
    i cant seem to get it right, i press loop in on beat 1 then count 2,3,4,1 and then loop out on the second 1 but its not working for me it just gives me a crap loop that stops and starts instead of flowing like it should..

any help would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Mau5

cheers mate ive been looking at djtutor.com for a while alright! couldnt find one for looping though, thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I'm a novic too, but this might help.

Say, ! is a beat, and _ is the gap between two beats.

This is your source track: !_!_!_!_!_!_!_!_!_!_!_!_.....

so you take your sample from this. Thing is not the beats but the spaces. If you just take 4 beats you get this !_!_!_! which makes this !_!_!_!!_!_!_!!_!_!_!!_!_!_!!_!_!_! Not very pretty eh? But if you end the loop RIGHT before the 5th beat, you get this !_!_!_!_ making !_!_!_!_!_!_!_!_!_!_!_!_!_!_!_!_ which is what you want :D Its all about getting it as tight to the 5th as you can,

This is pretty straightfoward. Getting it really tight is just timing :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

its loop in 1 & 2 & 3 & 4 & loop out..

You gotta exit loop on the & before the 1 on the next bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Starfox

i like cake

• Advertisement
Advertisement