Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

how good is Klass van hunteglaar

• 25-06-2009 8:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭

The reason I ask is because his record is unreal but there wasnt much interest in him and real seem to want to replace him?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

The reason I ask is because his record is unreal but there wasnt much interest in him and real seem to want to replace him?
    For me as an Ajax fan, he was top , I am still gutted he went to Madrid.

For me played well at Real last season. He scored copious amounts of goals in Ajax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Vampireskiss

Do you think he would do it in england, I think its strange that none of the top 4 went for him although Manunited were linked with him today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

he's klass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

I probably shouldn't say this but i heard a strong rumour last night that Manutd have expressed and interest. I was expecting some news today on it but nothing so far.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,339 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Went to see Ajax play a couple of years ago and he scored 4 in a 6-0 win. While the opposition were poor, I have to say he was unreal that day. Every time he got the ball he looked like he was going to score. He was lethal both on the ground and in the air and looked like the sort of player who would do very well in the Premier League.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭The Hustler

He'd end up like Afonso Alves in England

I could score 100+ goals a season in Holland

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Any chance he would up like Bergkamp? Or Van Nistelrooy? or just going with the tabloid journalism?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Because for every Van nistellrooy in Holland there's a Kezman and Alves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

mayordenis wrote: »
    Any chance he would up like Bergkamp? Or Van Nistelrooy? or just going with the tabloid journalism?

to be perfectly honest, since the days of Bergkamp, and to a lesser extent RVN, defences in Holland have gone to sh*t. When's the last time a really good defender has come out of Holland really? Jaap Stam's the last one i remember. The step up's a hell of a lot bigger than it used to be.

mayordenis wrote: »

Bergkamp did it outside Holland before coming to England :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Hmmm, an interesting argument.

Have you ever done it at ANY level?

Scored a hundred plus goals in any league in three or four seasons? Summer five a side? Brenfer Under Eleven?

If you did, my friend, you wouldn't be posting on an internet forum.

Hunteglaar has a decent scoring record in Spain, but that may have escaped your notice.

He's just not a glamour player, so doesn't fit in at Madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

Bergkamp did it outside Holland before coming to England :rolleyes:

No he didn't. Dennis the Menace only scored a paltry 11 goals in his time at Inter, and was generally considered a flop there. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Title fail, it's Klaas Jan Huntelaar.

Anyway, I think he's plenty of ability to do well in the Premier League. Very, very clinical finisher.

No he didn't. Dennis the Menace only scored a paltry 11 goals in his time at Inter, and was generally considered a flop there. :rolleyes:

Won the Uefa Cup with Inter, played in a Euro Championships (92), got to semis of said tournament scoring 4 goals and being Hollands best player, played in a World Cup (94), got to the quarters of aforementioned WC, where he scored against the Brazillians in what was considered an impressive tournament for Bergkamp.

So yes, he did prove himself outside Holland before signing for Arsenal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Mac Masters

Well he does have a good record at both club level and country.

At club level he has scored 143 goals in 203 appearances.

And for country he has 13 goals in 21 appearances.

It stands for itself really, the difference with Alves was he had one good season, Huntelaar has been quite consistent season after season. But adapting to England can be hard none the less!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

Won the Uefa Cup with Inter, played in a Euro Championships (92), got to semis of said tournament scoring 4 goals and being Hollands best player, played in a World Cup (94), got to the quarters of aforementioned WC, where he scored against the Brazillians in what was considered an impressive tournament for Bergkamp.

You said outside Holland; thereby implying his club football abroad- I didn't think we were counting appearances for the national team.

Like I said before, Bergkamp was generally considered a flop in Italy. I'm quite knowledgeable about Italian football- I used to watch 'Football Italia' on Channel 4 every week when it was on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Wow, terrible title

You said outside Holland; thereby implying his club football abroad- I didn't think we were counting appearances for the national team.

Like I said before, Bergkamp was generally considered a flop in Italy. I'm quite knowledgeable about Italian football- I used to watch 'Football Italia' on Channel 4 every week when it was on!

Yeah, I know his record in Italy wasn't the best but he was regarded highly enough before he came to Arsenal. Were him and Ronald Koeman in the same team ever as I seem to always associate them 2 with each other - maybe it's just the blonde hair!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

would have to agree,bergkamp was a flop in italy.he was inters record signing iirc.it didnt work out ,didnt settle in italy and there style of play didnt suit him.but he was excellent in england

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Yeah, I know his record in Italy wasn't the best but he was regarded highly enough before he came to Arsenal. Were him and Ronald Koeman in the same team ever as I seem to always associate them 2 with each other - maybe it's just the blonde hair!

he was highly regarded before he went to inter but he was very poor there and they couldnt wait to offload him.he would have played with koeman in the euros 92 and WC 94.they mite have played a few matches together at ajax before koeman left

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭sitout

I think we can all agree that berkamp was not a noted top goal scorer, however he socred a fair few in his time and was the players to grace the premership

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

The dutch league is the worst it has been in 40 years. Bobby zamora would score 20 in it.

Huntelaar is a good player, he is not a great player......(then again, i dont own a playstation, so i wouldnt listen to me). ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

I've said this in the Liverpool thread, and I'll say it again.

Huntelaar has scored an average of a goal every 1.4 games, for 6 different clubs, in two different countries, and internationally for one of the worlds top footballing countries.

He is an amazing player, who is not only a ridiculously clinical finisher, but has great movement, and would do amazing with any attacking side.

Alves went to Middlesborough, and as we all know they're the Brazil of England!:rolleyes:

Kezmen joined Chelsea back when they were the most freeflowing side in England too.

And Kuyt when he came to England, Liverpool weren't the most attacking side.

Now that Liverpool are more attack minded, he's banging them in from the right wing.

Klass wouldn't score a goal in every 1.4 games in England.
    But he'd score a hell of a lot of goals.

And as to the crap about Real wanting shot of him.
    They want shot of Schneider/Drenthe/VDV/RVN/Huntelaar notice anything strange in that?

First off, in Spain you can only register 25 players for a season.
    They now have 27 with Kaka and Ronaldo, and we all know they'll be buying more.

They have to sell.

Huntelaar is also a quiet spoken Dutch kid.
    Basically speaking, he doesn't sell jerseys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

I saw him for Holland on his debut (I think) when we were all riding the wave of that Sweden 4-0 hammering at Lansdowne. The guy was immense that night, he was cutting in from the right and left and looked like he might score every single time he got the ball, fairly sure he scored a hattrick.

I'd love to see him at United and would be very worried to see him sign for any other English club, I think that says it all for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,107 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

You make NO sense. At all.

You're going on about the difference between Bergkamp and Huntelaar and why Bergkamp made it but Klaas wont.

Yet, your redeeming comments of Denis (did ok at Inter, was great for Holland) are also true of Klaas, did well in Madrid, scored lots for the national team.

Madness.

Anyway, im pretty sure Klaas will score goals in any league in the world, he's clinical, just an outstanding finisher. Doesn't contribute so much outside the box, but if what you want is a goal scorer, he's yer man.

Advertisement