Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

sat nav

• 25-06-2009 8:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭

]any one know how to enter the fuel price in a garmin sat nav i tried entering 119.9 but i got screwed up figures as a result

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Why do you want to enter fuel price into your sat nav?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

i think it will tell you your fuel useage ect i only came across this the other day

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

i think it will tell you your fuel useage ect i only came across this the other day

that would mean that the sat nav would have to be on each and every time you get into the car.

why dont you use the fool proof formula of using the odometer and the amout of litre required to fill between fill ups?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Handy for the odd long journey i suppose when you get curious....

kceire wrote: »
    that would mean that the sat nav would have to be on each and every time you get into the car.

why dont you use the fool proof formula of using the odometer and the amout of litre required to fill between fill ups?

i could but new toy and all that i am curious how it works and i want to find out what this eco route from garmin ie and before you ask i did google but not much

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

i could but new toy and all that i am curious how it works and i want to find out what this eco route from garmin ie and before you ask i did google but not much

no worries man, cool to have new gadgets :D
    do Garmin have an online manual of some sort?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

It could never be accurate - it doesn't know the l/100KM you're doing at any point in the journey.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

itc ouldnt be right because you could be doing the exact same spped but each car will differ. eg a 1.4 diesel polo will do much more mpg compared to a 3.2 diesel pajero

it knows the speed i am doing the distance i travel and i suppose it can work out a few things from that i am going to cork at weekend so i will let the wife drive and i will play around with it a bit

Advertisement