Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Saved data corrupted?

• 25-06-2009 8:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭

I connected to xbox live earlier and went to play street fighter 4.
    When I loaded up the game I was presented with a text box saying that my save data file was corrupted and could not be loaded. However I went into system settings/ memory/ games and sure enough the data file is there, 17mb in size I think.
    I still have all of my achievements for the game but when I play it my player record is gone and I am back to 0 characters unlocked...
    Anybody got any idea wtf just happened?

Worst case scenario al of my sf4 data is gone, I can live with that, my main question though is:
    Is this a precursor to rrod?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

No its a possible precursor to a corrupt hard drive, the hard drive has nothing to do with RROD. THis is caused by overheating on the motherboard which melts solder joints which have to be resoldered using a diff method when they take it back for repair.

I had problems with my hard drive recently, in the middle of playing fifa it would say disk unreadable take it out clean it etc but i was playing off the hard drive, then after more time the games would freeze up out of the blue and I would sign in to be told no profile existed. I rang them and the xbox was still in warranty so they got me to send it off and I am waiting on a replacement at the minute.

You can get a lead and software which allows you to connect your hard drive to a pc and use the software to copy your files to your pc and then format the drive and fix the corrupt area before copying your files back over. Possible option for you if the hard drive turns out to be corrupt and is out of warranty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Thanks for the reply.

Its well within warranty, only got it at christmas.
    I'll try and copy my saved data to usb memory stick in case it happens again.
    If I did format the hard-drive do you know if I would be able to recover my live arcade games from xbox live?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Ya those can be downloaded again they are attached to your profile

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

I'll try and copy my saved data to usb memory stick in case it happens again.

You can't do that unfortunately. You'll need an offical MS memory card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Ballox, microsoft don't like making things easy...

• Advertisement
Advertisement