Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 USIM and LG RENOIR Unlock code

• 25-06-2009 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    All just got the LG Renoir from 3 but I m with Meteor, will my meteor sim card work in it once its unlocked?

Second, can someone get me the code to unlock the phone:

Phone LG Renoir
    IMEI: <mod snip. Silly putting info like that out in the public domain>
    Network: 3

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Im guessing you never read this: phone unlocking Faq

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

Davy wrote: »
    Im guessing you never read this: phone unlocking Faq

I have multiple times and I dont see any mention of USIM and nowhere does it give the code to unlock my phone like I used to be able to get in the old unlock thread.

Although that post is very informative it does not give me the code or answer my question about the USIM!

Thanks anyway tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Well your sim will work in the phone yes.

Im not aware of a free unlock solution, you will most likely have to bring into a shop and pay a small fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

Works fine for me, but the one I have used to be on Orange. I'd say it'll work though, no reason it shouldn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Davy wrote: »
    Well your sim will work in the phone yes.

Im not aware of a free unlock solution, you will most likely have to bring into a shop and pay a small fee.

What he said. ^

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    What he said. ^

Ah thanks Tom, that was very helpful. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,249 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

before you go crazy have you tried using a 3 sim in the phone, a lot of the applications won't work on meteor, It's a very good phone on 3 you should give it a try for a few days..

before you go crazy have you tried using a 3 sim in the phone, a lot of the applications won't work on meteor, It's a very good phone on 3 you should give it a try for a few days..

I wish, really!!

The gf and all her friends are on Meteor so I cant move or I ll oose free calls and texts and she wont cause of her friends. :(

ha, wimmin:rolleyes:

dammed if you do, dammed if you don't

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

Don't believe the hype...I don't know what applications he's on about but there's nothing that would work on 3 that shouldn't work on Meteor, besides 3s versions of MSN and Skype. There's no reason any phone functions better on any one network than another. In fact I'd argue that because 3 have no data usage when out of 3G coverage this phone would be better suited to Meteor/O2/Vodafone.

Having used the Renior on 3 and also the Viewty i'd argue the opposite, i've used the viewty on meteor and it's just not the same phone...
    I'm not knocking meteor i'm just stating that the phone is all set up to make the best out of 3's services and all the applications are also supported by 3...

Advertisement