Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

01 Avensis Price?

• 25-06-2009 9:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭

Looking at a 2001 facelift Avensis, 130K mls Ex taxi, but looks really clean.

Think it is a Luna (middle model) elec sun roof and colour coded handles.

What ya think price wise???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭fatboymsport

is it D4d ???

130k must have been a quite taxi i have 180k on mine (01) and its not a taxi.

make sure the dualmass flywheel is ok the give loads of trouble.

apart from that the are pretty easy to run

i would say about 3-4k maybe a bit more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

is it D4d ???

130k must have been a quite taxi i have 180k on mine (01) and its not a taxi.

make sure the dualmass flywheel is ok the give loads of trouble.

apart from that the are pretty easy to run

i would say about 3-4k maybe a bit more.

1.6 petrol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭BrianD3

If it is vgc and has a long NCT (due this year for a 01) then I'd say max of 1500. After all it is an 8 year old car that is obsolete by two generations and has enough miles on it to make many Irish people run a mile from it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

id stay clear tbh. that is very high mileage for a petrol engine in contrast the diesel is only just run in at that stage. aslo them petrol avensises are very heavy on petrol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

id stay clear tbh. that is very high mileage for a petrol engine in contrast the diesel is only just run in at that stage. aslo them petrol avensises are very heavy on petrol

My father has a 03 1.8 litre petrol Avensis with over 190k miles on it with no major problems todate so they are capable of high mileage if properly looked after. They are popular as taxis for a reason. Irish people have a tendancy to run away from anything with 100k miles or more as if it will implode. And the 01 Avensis is not a heavy car, the 1.6 litre petrol engine is pretty good on mpg.

Volvoboy, being an ex taxi and petrol to boot I would only pay around €1800 for it to be honest. Just check for signs of excessive oil use as the VVTi blocks back then were known to burn oil and Toyota had to replace many of them at the time, though most were 1.8 litre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SBPhoto

The 01 Avensis are known for burning oil, I had one and it burnt a litre of oil every 8000miles, was a well documented problem with the 1.6petrol model of that year, had the engine replaced under warranty after 70,000 miles Oil burning was reported at 45,000. Was quiet good on petrol comsumption

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭leex

We have same model and engine (Jan 2002 model). Block replaced under warranty due to over consumption of oil -is perfect since. Averages 40-41mpg for mixed motoring. 1.4 vvti 2000 reg corolla in family is doing around 44mpg for similar routes.

Advertisement