Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shaq to Cavs!

Options
  • 25-06-2009 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭

No thread on it yet so.....
    CLEVELAND - LeBron and Shaq: Two of the NBA’s biggest stars are now teammates.

The Cleveland Cavaliers completed a blockbuster trade Thursday, bringing superstar center Shaquille O’Neal from the Phoenix Suns to join current MVP LeBron James.

The Cavaliers hope they are creating a basketball duo with the power of Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen, Magic Johnson and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar — or even Shaq and Kobe Bryant.

Each of those pairs won multiple NBA titles. The Cavs would settle for their first.

The Cavs are sending center Ben Wallace and swingman Sasha Pavlovic to the Suns, along with a second-round pick in the 2010 draft and cash.

Article here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

I'll respond to a point made about it in the Draft thread.
    Kinetic^ wrote: »
    How will the move affect the cap room for Cleveland?.

Shaq has a year left on his contract so he won't be a burden after next season for the Cavs. It might also mean free up enough money for Cleveland to sign Lebron to an extension and potentially also add another top free agent.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

I think all it'll create is more ''ah couldn't win it without Shaq talk''....glad that talk has stopped about Kobe now...it'll be hilarious if it happens to LeBron!

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭jimmay

Wow this is exciting.

When I first heard of this rumour few days ago I was thinking 'oh no', shaq wouldn't be the piece Lebron needs. Then I heard as someone on here described Yao "the lampost lol" and then I really thought 'OH NO!'

Reflecting on it, it really is hugely exciting and I really can't wait to see how it pans out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭Hynzie

Suppose they will have the get a Shaq puppet in on those damn ads now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Shaq doesn't do large multi-national corporations anymore!

• Advertisement
Advertisement